Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Integration of Spotify and BMW Connected Drive

It would be great to be able to manage Spotify through BMW iDrive, either by a dedicated Spotify app on BMW system or at least by a connection of iDrive controls with Spotify app on the iPhone.

Updated: 2015-09-17
Since Spotify is now available for BMW Conected Drive on the iPhone, we'll mark this topic as 'Implemented'.

If you're on Android - please add your kudos to this idea here:
[Android] Integration of Spotify and BMW Connected Drive - Android

Thanks everyone!

Comments
fisam

One more request regarding this. This really should work.

fisam

And on Windowsphone as well not only iPhone.

piersoa

Totally with this ... I have a new F31, just been delivered with the new Sat Nav Professional ... but it will not let me use Spotify at all ... if I connect my iPhone 4S in any way at all, then Spotify will not work ... pretty gutted as I was an early Spotify adopter and premium subscriber for years now ... None of the other available services are even half as good as Spotify ... hoping this will get fixed soon!!

HannaHumlan
Please fix this integration with iPhone and Spotify when connected with USB/media adapter. It would be great!
koper

Deezer just introduced it. I'm already thinking of switching to Deezer if this feature won't be introduced in Spotify anytime soon 😞 What's the official comment about this? Are there any dates available?

phil197913

Yes please!

I like Spotify but of there is no activity in this area, I will switch to Deezer. They have an app that works with BMW Connected Drive.

newengland

Same here, this request has been out too long. If this will not be build I will switch my Premium account to Deezer who already has a perfectly working i-Drive integration. And there is a way to automatically switch my playlists so everything should be fine. 

jhbodle

Thanks for the heads up on Deezer - just downloaded it now, if it really does work with BMW Apps then I am unsubscribing from Spotify tonight and changing over immediately.

jhbodle

Just to update you all - Deezer works with BMW Apps, and it works brilliantly. Just type in anything - artist, album name or track name - and it plays it. Shows the album cover on the iDrive screen and everything. Just what I wanted from spotify. It really is near perfect - the only way it could be improved is if it had voice recognition for the artist / album names. Spotify have taken too long I'm afraid - I'm unsubscribing tonight.