Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Let users turn off some or all desktop notifications, e.g. "Your friend ______ just joined Spotify."

So according to the @SpotifyCares Twitter account, there's no way at all to turn off desktop notifications. None. Which seems insane to me! Spotify is the only app that sees fit to blow up my OSX dock with notifications multiple times every week, yet there's no functionality to let me control which notifications I see - or even if I see them at all!

So, obviously:I'm proposing that Spotify let users control this! I, like most people, do not have a deep personal relationship with 100% of my Facebook friends, so I don't need to know whenever some random person I went to high school with gets Spotify. I have zero interest in sending them anything or interacting with them on Spotify in any way, so it benefits neither me nor Spotify to pop up that red notification and nag me to view it before it goes away. 

Anyways, yeah! This all feels super obvious, but since the @SpotifyCares Twitter account told me to post this here, that's what I'm doing. "New idea:" STOP BUGGING ME WHEN PEOPLE I DON'T CARE ABOUT JOIN SPOTIFY. USE THE OSX DOCK NOTIFICATIONS SYSTEM RESPONSIBLY. Thank you.

Updated: 2015-11-18

Hey everyone. Now you can go to your the Notifications section of your Accounts page via Spotify.com and adjust both your in-app and email notifcations. 

Comments
JGuk

I am a paying premium subcriber and this issue is so annoying, along with Spotify's NON-Responce to numerous complaints about it, is making me seriously consider cancelling my premuim subscription. 

There is literally NO OTHER application that does not allow you to disable (pointless) notifications. This is not FREE software, I am paying for it (for now) and it's really completely unacceptable to have broken software like this. I am looking for an alternaitve now.

PLEASE FIX THIS.

JGuk
JGuk
nivlaps

I would say it was more than a duplicate. But if you don't want to hear it, ofc it's a duplicate.

Rocio
Status changed to: Implemented

Hello guys,

Sorry for the delate on updating this. The team is working on a way to have notifications as an option. We will keep you posted so check this thread out in order to get news.

Thanks for the feedback and sorry for all the inconveniences this is causing to you.

oboyholic

As an OCD person who uses spotify 3-4 hours a day, this is a severe distraction moment on a daily basis, and as a paying customer since Spotify's day 1 I find it disrespectful that we can't turn this feature off.