Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Lyrics on Fullscreen

Lyrics on fullscreen would be great if you want to use it to have karaoke session with friends or use it as a background for your tv or second screen!!

The background for the fullscreen with lyrics can be the album/song art or the existing artist picture.

(optional) Ability to show lyrics for the full half-screen without the left-side toolbar.

Would also recommend to have option to enable/disable the lyrics in fullscreen for other community users preferences.

lyricsonfullscreen.png
lyricsonfullscreenhalf.png

Updated on 2023-01-20

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Spotify Idea Exchange and voting to make this happen.

We're happy to announce that Lyrics are now available in Fullscreen mode.

Once again, thanks for helping us make Spotify better.

Comments
probablyymarkk

How many votes exactly for this feature to be implemented? We need this!

Adiiiii

I thought it would be there by default but isn't 😞

Please do implement this!

leaoalaranja

I don't get it - why was this idea closed? This truly should be configurable at least, if not default.

ccnasman

Lyrics on fullscreen mode is near the top of my list of my new features wish list. Please implement this soon!!!

RamsezBR

That's a great idea. It's kinda shocking that it haven't been implemented yet. It would look awesome in a second monitor.

Sawyer2

Please do this.

fettuccine

I've been subscribed to Spotify for 3 years and use it frequently on desktop as I work or study.

Since lyrics have been a thing, I've been thinking about this and finally felt motivated enough today to actually google "Spotify idea submissions" and click through everything to this thread.

Imagine the people that gripe about this exact thing but decide not to go out of their way to get here.

Now I get desktop users probably don't make up most of Spotify's customer base, but this feature would complete the desktop Spotify experience for me.

hakanceyhan

I don’t care about the votes we need this feature!!

antipopmonkey

I recently hosted a quiz for my friends with music related to the questions. While streaming over Spotify Connect on KEF speakers I wanted to roll the lyrics on the LG TV and controlling the play/pause and queue from my phone. I know it's a lot but not unreasonable in my mind. Turns out this was not possible and the workaround was running the lyrics on the web player on a laptop with the browser window in full screen mode (not the Spotify full screen feature since that could not display lyrics).

manu_qru3l

Was just about to post for the similar feature for macos...but here it is. Spotify please make this possible would be great aesthetically and for convenience as well