Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

(Mobile) Return repeat and queue buttons to Now Playing screen

The new UI for the Now Playing screen on mobile (iOS and Android) doesn't seem space-efficient. I understand that inevitably the design will be refreshed and changed, but, given the amount of unused screen space, I don't think it was necessary to move the view queue and repeat buttons into a separate menu. It seems like it shouldn't be too difficult to find space to these on the main screen, espcially considering how often many users make use of these features.

Note: Attached images show the Spotify iOS app version 8.4.91 on an iPhone SE compared to a previous iOS app version 8.4.81, I believe.

iOS Now playing menu.PNG
iOS Now playing Old.PNG
iOS Now playing.PNG

Updated on 2019-05-23

Hey folks, 

Just a heads up, that the Repeat and Queue buttons have returned to the Now Playing View on the mobile app. 

Screenshot_20190523-101212_2__01.jpg

The repeat button has moved to the left and you Queue can be found just below. 

Thanks!

Comments
JacobTrapLord

Good idea

TomLegend
Status changed to: Implemented

Updated on 2019-05-23

Hey folks, 

Just a heads up, that the Repeat and Queue buttons have returned to the Now Playing View on the mobile app. 

Screenshot_20190523-101212_2__01.jpg

The repeat button has moved to the left and you Queue can be found just below. 

Thanks!

JBrockF

While the queue button has been moved back to the song screen, it is still poorly placed and needs to be reverted to the original top right position. How someone thought bottom right to open queue and top left to close is was a good idea is beyond me. Sometimes I feel like the development team for Spotify is intentionally trying to get me to stop using Spotify

Mryan22
Hello! So I think everyone is aware of the Spotify update where the hud looks bigger and thinner... for me when I re-download the app it looks like that but as soon as the app refreshes itself the slim hud and everything seem to disappear... why is this? I want the update with the slimmer everything but it disappears when the app is refreshed and my other friends seem to have no problem and seem to have the update.
Jericakj

THE UPDATE NEEDS TO BE GONE! I want to save songs without having to download them in the artist tab! This update is still trash. I just bought premium and I regret it 

Danimalya

@JBrockF Moving the queue button to the bottom right is my favorite update of this year (2019). As a mobile user, I hold my phone with one hand, thus, having the ability to access the queue with one hand is a blessing. 

JBrockF
But then you have to go to the opposite corner to close it
SoySauce77

I have an iphone 6+ and i dont have the repeat or add to queue buttons ANYWHERE 😞

Effortlessgift

BRING BACK EDIT AND SHARE PLAYLIST ON MOBILE!!!

I am a Movement teacher and use Spotify to create class playlists. For years I have loved the ability to edit and share my playlists from my mobile app. I am disappointed and inconvenienced that that feature is suddenly just gone!!!  Now I have to edit and share them from my desktop, and it is the biggest pain!  PLEASE return the Edit and Share Playlist features back to the mobile app!  It is the biggest bummer that they suddenly disappeared, it makes my job so much harder. 

amyloulabelle

Why are we back here again?!? Come on, Spotify, don't be a jackass. Give the people what they want!