Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Music] Block / Hide / Blacklist Tracks or Artists

The Star feature should be complemented with a way to mark tracks as excluded. Those tracks would then be skipped even when included in the current playlist.
This way the enjoyment of a good album wouldn't be disrupted by tracks you don't like, while the album in its entirety can still be kept in the playlist.
The Anti-star can easily be implemented as a flipside to the regular star as they are mutually exclusive. Click the star once, the track becomes a favorite. Click again, the star icon changes to the anti-star and click a third time and either flag is gone.

A no-brainer to me.

Updated on 2020-05-13

Hey, 

Thanks for coming to the Community Idea Exchange.
We're marking this idea as 'Implemented'.

The option 'Don't play this artist' is now available on iOS and Android.

You can also find more info on hiding individual tracks from playlists or albums here.

If we have any information about this on other platforms in the future, we'll report back!

Comments
oktaykemal

Thanks for not listening and caring about your subscribers Spotify.

I too just started evaluating Deezer and the other similar solutions available...

Amir-AA

YES!! DO IT

Xxx_robin_8p

I think it'd be very nice to be able to block songs so everyone can listen to all playlists instead of being possibly confronted with a funeral song (like my friend whom lost her father recently doesn't use Spotify for this reason anymore because she'd had to search every playlist for any confronting songs, and you're not always able to skip quickly. Also on free you have only 3 skips so..)

Lukas11

Can you hurry up and implement this.

If I have to listen to one more friggin Nickleback song in my radio I will kill someone.

I am seriously going to cancel my subscription if you don't allow me to block music I DONT WANT TO LISTEN TO.

KentSmith
Dear Spotify, how about make it an additional premium feature even? It'll probably help convert some of those free users into paying subscribers. It'll be a win/win. We get rid of embarrassing music we don't like, you get more income.
Lukas11

I suspect spotify has a similar deal that soundlcick has. An artist can pay to have their music promoted meaning rammed down our throat.

Here's the thing spotify admin: You are paid by the users for entertainment. If we thumbs down a track it means we are not being entertained. We are asking for you to implement a feature that allows us to deny music we hate. You will not do this.

It's only a matter of time before a class action gets taken against spotify because it is clear they are taking payments from the artists to force us to listen to music we don't want to hear. If we're using free spotify that's fine, but allow premium members to block songs and artists.

Remember someone Sued Red Bull for claiming it gives you wings and won.

ADMIN listen to your clients and put this feature in for premium or refund people's payment.

justworks
Please add a block button for artists or tracks you never want to listen to so they never come on any play list.
raremarc

YES, PLEASE

emschwar

This would be great as there is one playlist in the "Focus" section that I listen to at work and one of the songs on it starts dropping the N-word towards the end. No other tracks on the playlist have any vocals. Not great in an office setting.

ryanunterberger

Can we please get this feature implemented. We've been asking for it for years, and it continuously gets shot down. I'm at the verge of just cancelling my membership. Please give us what we're asking for and allow us to ban artists/songs/whatever from our radio stations, playlists, etc.

Make it only available for premium members, for all I care. Just do something.