Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Music] Block / Hide / Blacklist Tracks or Artists

The Star feature should be complemented with a way to mark tracks as excluded. Those tracks would then be skipped even when included in the current playlist.
This way the enjoyment of a good album wouldn't be disrupted by tracks you don't like, while the album in its entirety can still be kept in the playlist.
The Anti-star can easily be implemented as a flipside to the regular star as they are mutually exclusive. Click the star once, the track becomes a favorite. Click again, the star icon changes to the anti-star and click a third time and either flag is gone.

A no-brainer to me.

Updated on 2020-05-13

Hey, 

Thanks for coming to the Community Idea Exchange.
We're marking this idea as 'Implemented'.

The option 'Don't play this artist' is now available on iOS and Android.

You can also find more info on hiding individual tracks from playlists or albums here.

If we have any information about this on other platforms in the future, we'll report back!

Comments
mosmank

Absolutely I agree.When I block a singer I never want to listen to him......I wanted to write here to add this feature. Blocking feature should come

jjonphl

I'm a Filipino. I play some Filipino rock / alt songs, a few love songs once in a while. Then in my Discover Weekly I get ~20% rom-com type Filipino songs. I think your training data just tags all Filipino songs as "Filipino songs." Please, just let us blacklist songs so I can listen to the rest of the playlist. How the **bleep** is this feature that hard?

boersb

Need this very hard! 

be-pa

Is there any update on this?

Spotify software keeps playing all sorts of annoying radio artists and stupid genres even if i downvoted them hundreds of times. Furthermore the "Browse" feature is 99%-full of primitive monkey-music like pop, club, dance, electronic and so on, which I really love to get rid of for ever and ever again. It gives me a massive brain-pain beeing forced to stare at all of this stupid music suggestions every time any Spotify App is launched.

The whole ecosystem sometimes feels more like a hipster-startup-apple-sunglasses-pop-design-mainstream one-button solution meant for intellectually challenged ones, instead of allowing a tailored and individual music experience by means of complex settings and options.

Therefore a blacklist should be the FIRST feature of ANY such software giving paying people the possibility and their right to filter out all that useless noise - but better late than never.

So please make this finally true!

AmericanPatriot

Influence is power. Why would any company give up the right to sway your opinons, thoughts, and influence your mind? This feature is easy yet it has fallen on what appear to be deaf ears.

Spotify probably gets paid to promote artists. Allowing you to block might tap into thier advertising money as well as thier influencing power.

It looks to me like what they are doing is data mining. Collecting massive amounts of data on your likes, dislikes, region, etc..

Thier artificial intelligence technology is on full blast. Which is why if you ever make the mistake of listening to something once they keep pushing hard to show you more of what thier little script thinks is the same with no option of turning it off. 

Welcome to the new world order. 

Sleepwalker88

You hit in the nail tauntria, they don't implement this because they are pushing an agenda.

renanptr

Excelente idéia, aprovo!

Odeio quando tô ouvindo uma playlist acústica e entra do nada sorriso maroto e dilsinho! Q coisa!

broote

July 2017, still cant stop horrible songs from violating your ear holes.  Still wishing for "Never play this again" button.

hapl85

This would be a great feature

zulumovski

Please add this feature ASAP. I desperately need to block Håkan Hellström from ever reaching the magnetic coils of my speakers.