Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Partnerships] Spotify on Apple Watch

Please create an app for the Apple watch that allows users to change songs and playlists from their watch. Perfect for working out and the busy commute.

Updated on 2018-11-13

Hey everyone,

Thanks for coming to the Community, and adding your vote to this idea.

We're pleased to confirm that you can now DJ from your wrist with Spotify on Apple Watch.

> Play, pause, and skip, both music and podcasts.
> Control the volume.
> Get info about what’s playing.
> Play from Recently Played.
> Save your favorites.
> Use Spotify Connect to play to another device.

To get Spotify on Apple Watch you’ll need an iPhone 5 or above, running iOS 10.0 and above, and an Apple Watch on watchOS 4.0 and above.

We have some more info on the Support site: https://support.spotify.com/listen_everywhere/smart_watches/apple-watch/
and the Newsroom:
https://newsroom.spotify.com/2018-11-13/spotify-for-apple-watch-helps-you-keep-time-with-the-music/.

Many thanks!

Top Answer
MattSuda
Spotify Star

Good news!

Spotify now supports downloads on Apple Watch. This will be rolling out over the next several weeks.

Check out this Spotify news article for more info:

Enjoy More Ways Than Ever to Use Spotify on Your Apple Watch—Now With Downloads 

Comments
embrsword

Looking forward to features like LTE streaming and offline mode in the future but this is pretty good

Like to be able to trigger spotify directly, whereas now playing would just resume whatever random youtube video I might have played at some point. Selecting playlists is slick and works well and having both amazon echo and libratone speakers in the house its nice to be able to start them playing and pick a playlist without reaching for the phone.

Going straight in the dock and now playing can move aside.

mazzeger
The app is still pretty basic and not overly fancy looking but it's a very
good start! What I like in particular is finally being able to add songs to
my library without getting my phone out of my pocket. I also love the
Spotify Connect button so when I'm at home I can stream from my watch to
any room without taking my phone with me. Obviously offline playback would
be THE killer feature, but after all these years I'm happy Spotify has
finally released an Apple Watch app. I have high hopes for future updates.
walkermurch

I sincelry appreciate the start. When i can download even just two playlsits, im there.

Til then the watch is just expensive bling.

DeviousDog

All I really need is to be able to play a couple PlayList whilst at the Gym or off for a run.  These are the only times I dont want to carry my phone around but I already know what I want to listen too.   As this feature is going to chew your battery whilst streaming data, which I am happy to live with.  Watch can charge whilst Im having a shower 🙂

Hope I can get a chance to beta test.  The though of freedom not having to carry the phone around just to listen to music which I already control via my watch whilst working out.  LOL

Rafnic
Really great this new movement.

I have an issue, maybe I don’t know how to do it correctly:

My watch can connect to a Bluetooth earphone, and this is useful when I want to use SIRI or receive orientations while running.

I tried to keep this mode, while controlling Spotify on the Iphone. But it didn’t work. The only way was to connect the earphone to the Iphone. And then, I lose contact to the watch’s SIRI and other functionalities.

Did anyone do it differently?

Thanks!
walkermurch

Im sorry this thread is to help Spotify get the app on the watch and then the downloading of music offline to the watch - prease refer this point to troubleshooting. 

lbarraganjr

Just came across this app! 

Go download it. It has offline payback!! 

Apollo for Watch

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/apollo-for-watch/id1441243814?mt=8

sman26

Holy **bleep** lbarraganjr.  I just downloaded it but won't be able to sync offline til tonight to test since low battery but how has no one mentioned this app before?  How long has then been available.  It says for offline use but maybe too good to be true?

lbarraganjr

@sman26 Looks like it was released yesterday. I am downloading a playlist rIgor now to test but it’s looking very promising. 🤞 

K9Jedi
Where do you see off-line playback?