Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Picture on Profile

I would like to suugest the option of adding our own pictures or avitars WITHOUT linking it to our Facebook accounts.

I know there are some of us that were fortunate enough to get Spotify before it linked with Facebook and I would love to add my picture on the account page.

Updated: 2016-10-20

We’re excited to finally share that you can now upload your own profile picture on Desktop. Uploading via iOS and Android to follow. The feature is slowly rolling out so if you don’t have it yet check back soon. Thanks for the feedback. Enjoy!

Comments
soxfor

If this request is here for so long.. and nothing. What will be of the 2FA request then..?

Hey Spotify, gives an account avatar without facebook!

denisaraujo

So, any news on this matter? =/

_Ravaeron_

Yes please.

thedogmx

So is it possible to have a profile pic without Facebook?

Very good!!! I think so too-:)

JDfunky
@thedogmx - no, it is currently not possible, that’s why all these hundreds of replies are on this discussion. It would be an easy thing for Spotify to do, however they are not doing it, probably due to their agreements with Facebook (i.e. they want people to sign up with Facebook rather than with their email.)

> @thedogmx (Regular) posted a new comment:
>
> So is it possible to have a profile pic without Facebook?
>
mateusacioli

darn, it's 2016 and this is still a thing? It's ridiculous we can't change our avatar in this day and age. This is some primitive **bleep** right here, homies.

virtualmarc

Still no avatar for non-facebook users. I have no Facebook account and all facebook services (DNS Names and IP addresses) are blocked on my network. It would be simple to allow avatar upload or use gravatar as an alternative.

miriamhirle

I totally agree!

mktoni

The users endpoint of Spotify API (User’s Profile Spotify API)

https://api.spotify.com/v1/users/{user_id}

returns an user object, it already has  fields for user display_name and user images (red in table below).

user object (public)

display_namestringThe name displayed on the user's profile. null if not available.
external_urlsan external URL objectKnown public external URLs for this user.
followersA followers objectInformation about the followers of this user.
hrefstringA link to the Web API endpoint for this user.
idstringThe Spotify user ID for this user.
imagesarray of image objectsThe user's profile image.
typestringThe object type: "user"
uristringThe Spotify URI for this user.

So, implementing a way of modifying it can't be that hard.

Git hub issue: Add a way of modifying user profile details