Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Playlists] Merge / Add a Playlist to another Playlist

It would be great to combine playlists together. With the option to avoid multiples of the same track(s) along with a prompt to confirm the addition of one playlist to another. 

Updated on 2023-05-04

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Spotify Idea Exchange and voting to make this happen.

We're happy to announce that this feature is now available on Android, iOS and Desktop.

You just need to select the playlist, then choose the option  "Add to other playlist" > and add it to the desired playlist.

Once again, thanks for helping us make Spotify better, by participating here on the Community.

Comments
NavalSEALSniper

Please add this I use Spotify more than you can believe and I found a playlist with like 30 songs I want to add but it takes forever

Katievsbubbles

Could it not just be added as an individual user feature so that only playlists a user has created can be merged into another playlist by the same creator. 

I am currently trying to merge one playlist with 1300 songs into another playlist with maybe 1500 and, well, it is mindnumbing, and thumbnumbing. And with the new "feature" of not knowing how many songs are in each playlist i dont know if i am getting close to the cap.

I honestly don't understand why this isn't even in consideration.

pironic
Use intellimerge... https://writhem.net/intellimerge
selanus

So what?

musicisnice
Any chance of a MAC app?
musicisnice
Sorry.  Yes, I meant IPhone App.  Had no idea a developer had to pay Apple to  get them to get an app out there.  I don’t blame you!  Thanks for trying to solve the issue and for trying to help others.

musicisnice
The billionaire playbook—take just a little from everyone one the planet….

pironic
Something like https://writhem.net/intellimerge/ ? I've already written
it... and it's free.
loopbuni

Would be awesome if this feature was introduced to iOS!  It already exists for adding a whole album to a playlist.  Wouldn't it work the same way for adding a playlist into a playlist?

Oki_TriZe

how is this feature on "not right now" it works perfectly in the windows PC app, but not on any phone even tho you can already add whole albums to playlists? do you just get carried by microsoft's explorer functionality for the PC app and need to actually work for your money to bring this to the mobile versions or what is the actual reason for you to ignore this?