Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Playlists] Sorting Options for List of Playlists

I would love to be able to sort my playlists by Artists, then drill down by album so as not to clutter my Spotify. It's pretty hard to organize my playlists the current way. Any ideas on a future iteration that will enable this capability?

Updated on 2019-06-25

Hey folks,

Slight update to this idea, which we think is worth highlighting. With the recent update to Your Library on mobile, it's now possible to sort and filter your Playlists, Artists and Albums in more ways. 

To find the filters, just pull down on the tab you're on, select filters and then choose the one you'd like. The 'Custom Order' filter on the Playlist section will mirror the order you have on Desktop - which means it's now possible to maintain the way your organise your tunes on Desktop across to Mobile. 

We'd recommend checking out this Spotify Answer for tips on how to add playlist folders using the desktop app. They're super handy for keeping your music organized.

With the search function at the top it's also possible to drill down by Artist in your Album section. To do so, just pull down and type the name of the artist you're looking for. 

Will now mark this idea as Implemented.

Thanks!

Comments
Rodrigo

Yes! That's the one thing I feel other streaming platforms have figured out better. While it is possible to have folders in Spotify (Cmd/Ctrl+Shift+N, or File > New Playlist Folder), relying exclusively on the sidebar for organizing playlists can be very frustrating sometimes.

ajkole

Wow.  Thanks for the heads up.  Why are playlist folders the only UI feature hidden by a menu?  Lol

BJbear2001

Thanks for the visual! I totally agree with what you said!

SomeDonkus1

I do know it's possible to make folders. If you're using the Windows client, it's just File > New Playlist Folder and it makes one in the sidebar for you. After that, just drag and drop your playlists in the folder. What sucks is that there is no such feature on mobile, as well as no feature to edit playlist order on mobile. So all this organization is only possible on desktop, which makes no sense to me. As for organizing them in the other ways you said, I got nothing. Basically the best we got for organization is folders and custom ordering. No other filters or organizers.

climber23

At the very least, an alphabetical sorting feature would be nice.  It's really hard to look through an entire list when the default order is the date you created the playlist.  Who remembers them that way??  Seems totally counter intuitive.  Really surprising Spotify hasn't figured this out yet.  

Razz62

I would also like to be able to sort Spotify's playlists by number of followers.  

Ghanjanasak

I'd like to be able to sort my play list by song so I can edit it easier 

jka347
BrodyZ

I didn't read the whole post but I wanted to comment also that I agree we need sorting options both within playlists and the playlist list itself. 

Another thing I want to add is when I start Spotify, my go-to is my playlists.  They are usually buried under everything else Spotify possibly has to offer.  It's seriously annoying and I feel like I'm viewing ads (for garbage bands and whatever else they are promoting) instead of getting to the content I AM PAYING FOR.

Stop it.  Give me my playlists and let me radio/search/explore when I want to do so!

Vargen_14

Hi! I just bought the Galaxy S8, and I'm having some problems with my playlists. It won't sort them correctly after recently added.. Is someone else having this problem?