Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Playlists] Sorting Options for List of Playlists

I would love to be able to sort my playlists by Artists, then drill down by album so as not to clutter my Spotify. It's pretty hard to organize my playlists the current way. Any ideas on a future iteration that will enable this capability?

Updated on 2019-06-25

Hey folks,

Slight update to this idea, which we think is worth highlighting. With the recent update to Your Library on mobile, it's now possible to sort and filter your Playlists, Artists and Albums in more ways. 

To find the filters, just pull down on the tab you're on, select filters and then choose the one you'd like. The 'Custom Order' filter on the Playlist section will mirror the order you have on Desktop - which means it's now possible to maintain the way your organise your tunes on Desktop across to Mobile. 

We'd recommend checking out this Spotify Answer for tips on how to add playlist folders using the desktop app. They're super handy for keeping your music organized.

With the search function at the top it's also possible to drill down by Artist in your Album section. To do so, just pull down and type the name of the artist you're looking for. 

Will now mark this idea as Implemented.

Thanks!

Comments
stockba
One day the children will think of Spotify as we thought of AOL.
TomLegend
Status changed to: Implemented

Updated on 2019-06-25

Hey folks,

Slight update to this idea, which we think is worth highlighting. With the recent update to Your Library on mobile, it's now possible to sort and filter your Playlists, Artists and Albums in more ways. 

To find the filters, just pull down on the tab you're on, select filters and then choose the one you'd like. The 'Custom Order' filter on the Playlist section will mirror the order you have on Desktop - which means it's now possible to maintain the way your organise your tunes on Desktop across to Mobile. 

We'd recommend checking out this Spotify Answer for tips on how to add playlist folders using the desktop app. They're super handy for keeping your music organized.

With the search function at the top it's also possible to drill down by Artist in your Album section. To do so, just pull down and type the name of the artist you're looking for. 

Will now mark this idea as Implemented.

Thanks!

sskamel

Your suggestion only solves for the mobile app, remember SPOTIFY we use this platform on a desktop as well. This has been a problem since 2012 why is something soooooo simple so difficult to resolve. You all make is so hard to add a new song to a playlist when I'm on my desktop computer. 

If you want us not to use the desktop platform and you are using this as a way for users to only use the mobile app then just do away with the desktop version. 

Right click > Playlist Order > Alphabetical

BOOM that's all it takes SPOTIFY. 

Kaotika
They only implement the changes that fit their corporate agenda and direction.
stockba
There must only be a few desktop users on the planet.
redkeoma

@stockba, you are right! But.... on desktop its much easier to do so. Means, if they do not find (or even look for) a solution on the desktop ... never ever we will have it on a mobile device. 

motobecane42

That's Spotify for you.  Half solve a problem and then smugly announce that half a solution as a boon to the masses.

jonashallen

Not sure if this is the right place but guess it has to do with the latest playlist sorting update.

I absolutely hate that this update made the playlists sort after recently updated when adding a song to a playlist, and that it can't be changed. When having a lot of playlists and folders it makes it super hard to find what you're looking for. The structure of my playlist folder becomes useless in this menu. 

stockba
#WelcometothewonderfulworldofSpotify
B0caj

@jonashallen wrote:

Not sure if this is the right place but guess it has to do with the latest playlist sorting update.

I absolutely hate that this update made the playlists sort after recently updated when adding a song to a playlist, and that it can't be changed. When having a lot of playlists and folders it makes it super hard to find what you're looking for. The structure of my playlist folder becomes useless in this menu. 

Hey @jonashallen.

I've been having the same problem the last couple of days. Just found out that there is a filter button that might solve your problem. If you go to "Library" and then scroll up, you will see a bar in which you can search for a specific playlist. Right next to it is a button that says "Filter", where you can choose how you want to sort your playlists.

However, I went to this community to see if there was a way to organize your playlists in groups, or folders as you meantioned in your post. How do I do that?

Sincerely

Emil