Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Podcasts] Adjust Audio Speed of Podcasts (1.5x or 2x)

I have just discovered podcasts in the Spotify mobile app and as an avid podast fan I'm delighted to finally see this feature!

I would love to be able to alter the speed of a podcast, to play at 1.5X or 2X the default speed as per the default apple podcast app I currently use.

As many podcasts I listen to are very long (up to 2 hours), until such time as the playback speed can be altered I will use the apple podcast app to listen to podcasts.

Updated on 2019-07-04

Hey folks! 

Thanks for adding your vote to this idea. 

Podcast speed controls should now be available across all devices. You can play at speeds of 0.5x, 0.8x, 1x, 1.5x, 2x and 3x. 

The desktop controls can be found in the bottom right corner and the controls on mobile can be found to the right of the play button, when you're playing a podcast. 

Thanks!

Comments
LeinieGuy

FINALLY - They put back the precision speed dial feature. I just went to change the speed and the dial is back! I'd like to think it's because you listened to us (haha), but regardless, it's really nice to have that feature restored so that we can adjust the speed in .10 increments.

THANK YOU!!!

SIgPerdomo1015

My Music on my PC - Windows, comes in 2X the speed and i want it normal by default.  How do I make that happen?

THx.

Sig

drance

Nice that this was added.. how about the same for songs? Would help with playing along with an instrument.  

papercutt

When using Spotify Connect (or Google Cast) podcasts lose the ability to adjust play speed. On iOS there is a popup that seems to say if you adjust play speed while playing locally then switch to a Spotify Connect device that the speed adjustment will be retained but it is not, it will go back to 1x 

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

Chrome, iPhone 15 Pro, Mac, Google Home

Operating System

iOS 17.3, Sonoma 4.2.1