Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Podcasts] Adjust Audio Speed of Podcasts (1.5x or 2x)

I have just discovered podcasts in the Spotify mobile app and as an avid podast fan I'm delighted to finally see this feature!

I would love to be able to alter the speed of a podcast, to play at 1.5X or 2X the default speed as per the default apple podcast app I currently use.

As many podcasts I listen to are very long (up to 2 hours), until such time as the playback speed can be altered I will use the apple podcast app to listen to podcasts.

Updated on 2019-07-04

Hey folks! 

Thanks for adding your vote to this idea. 

Podcast speed controls should now be available across all devices. You can play at speeds of 0.5x, 0.8x, 1x, 1.5x, 2x and 3x. 

The desktop controls can be found in the bottom right corner and the controls on mobile can be found to the right of the play button, when you're playing a podcast. 

Thanks!

Comments
jgsehgal

Hi there! This is a great feature but one of the parts of Google Podcasts I admire is the ability to customize exactly which speed to listen at (rather than pre-dictating 1.2x, 1.5x, 2x, 3x). I personally enjoy listening at 1.3x-1.4x but have no ability to do so on Spotify. 

jpenna

Yeah, the same. I would like more granular control over the speed. Why is it predefined? The podcast I'm listening would be great at 1.4x, but I have to listen it at 1.2x because 1.5x is too fast. Please, let the user choose any speed it wants to play or at least add a configuration option to use "more granular speed control"

Allchemist

Please implement it for ALL audiobooks!

Why Adjust Audio Speed just for Podcasts and not for all audiobooks? Spotify is full of huge audio books, 40 h and more. I listen to them on Bookbeat, because there I can change the speed to 1.5x, otherwise I will never get through. For Audiobooks Adjust Audio Speed is a very important feature. Please change this very soon - you will get new audiobook customers.  

OwenFu

I still can't change the playback speed on my Apple TV 

Thismuchiknow

Please add 2.5x speed. The gap between 2x and 3x is quite large. 

joaaoeu

We still can't do that on galaxy watches.

spotifypassword

The speed control options (1.5x, 2x, etc) are only showing on some but not all, whether on desktop or android. Why is this please? Thanks.

kohai

At the very least, we need a 1.75x option between 1.5x and 2.0x.  I'd prefer a .2 increment or a slider.

bpw123

Still missing for the webapp

adamamiller

It is great that Spotify offers variable speed playback for podcasts - but this feature is not available on Garmin watch devices. I have a Garmin Forerunner 245 M, but I can only listen to downloaded Spotify podcasts at 1x. It would be very useful to be able to listen at 1.5x or 2x while on the go.