Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Replying to Inbox messages

I have a number of tracks in my inbox from friends who have shared music with me. Each track has a speech bubble that provides me with my friends comments about the track. This is great however the option to reply is missing! I would love to be able to reply with my thoughts about the track, whether I liked it or not etc. Thus, a conversational thread could be attached to individual tracks that have been shared. Thoughts? Feelings?

Hello everyone. Spotify here. We're excited to announce the brand new Messages feature currently being rolled out on all platforms. Messages allows you to group all of the music you've sent to and from people within Spotify, as well as browse these messages in a conversation view. You can even reply back with just text to help you keep the conversation going around music. Please share any feedback you have in the comments and enjoy the music!
Comments
DrDizzle

Yep sounds good David.

alecsputnik

After I send a song to someone, I'd love for them to be able to respond to me and vice versa.  Make sending a song like opening a message thread with someone or a text conversation in a phone and we will be able to communicate better!

David

Hello.

Just merged a number of similar threads together, and added kudos. I also made the title of the topic a little clearer. 

snowboardfoo

This is huge.  

Talk about "engagement" - this is basically making the entire sharing side of your service (your main differentiator from other music services) much more engaging and community based.  

Next time anyone mentions driving up engagement, this should be the first priority on the list.

This has gotta be one of the easiest things you could add feature wise.  Do it please!

Thanks

diginate

Basically, this needs to happen.

BC1973

If I send a track to a friend with a comment attached, it would be great if they could comment back.

Love.

Ben.

Rocio
Status changed to: Good idea, vote for it

dromens

The fact that this does not exist, renders the sharing/inbox feature pretty much worthless.  I love receiving tracks but it's basically a deadend as far as dialogue is concerned. 

sonofsfc
This would be very useful.
teamgoon

I agree with this idea.  Right now If I get music from a friend I have to send an email reply to tell the person if I liked the song or not.  Lame. 

Spotify please expand the interaction amongst friends.  A cool feature would be a chat box to chat with friends while they are on Spotify similar to the old Napster chat.