Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Search] Bring back Advanced Search

Up until recently, users were able to refine their search by using advanced options which are, sadly, no longer available.

I'm a musicologist, and small features such as being able to search by record label are quite important for me, as it should be for anyone who is not just a passive consumer of music! If you also believe that we need this feature back, support this thread.

Updated on 2018-09-24

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Spotify Community.

We're happy to confirm that Advanced Search is now available on Mobile and Desktop. 

For example, searching by 'year:', or 'label:'.

All the best,

/M

Comments
sjefrolet

BRING IT BACK PLEASE!

Geofflancelot

Please bring back advanced search, especially label search!! I loved that feature and really miss it. Why did you turn it off!!!!

DonatasL

Spotify people,

I recommended Spotify to move from other streaming services because of this function and the next day... it's GONE!

Worst decision!

Suppoze

I just noticed this feature gone... I used it to keep up with new releases from my favourite labels.

It's disappointing and upsetting at the same time to see actually useful features just go away like nothing happened...
Please bring advanced search back! Why are you doing this to your customers? I could just export my library to another service I guess...

Jose_M

In my humble opinion, advanced search is not such an essential tool and I think it wouldn't be a good idea since it would make the app heavier.

Let me know if you agree or not, Jose.

Soundofus

@Jose_M

Advanced search was still existing some months ago. It's an essential feature for any mature music lover. Advanced search exists in any serious software working with tons of datas. Advanced search doesn't make an app heavier .

Jose_M

Hello Soundofus!

It's ok to have different opinions, I personally don't know if I'll use it that much. Anyways, if they decide to bring it back, that wouldn't be a problem for me so let's see what they finally decide 🙂

wineamyhouse

IT here, the tags would it make it quicker because it explicitly searchs only one field instead of a dozen.

@Jose_M wrote:

Hello Soundofus!

It's ok to have different opinions, I personally don't know if I'll use it that much. Anyways, if they decide to bring it back, that wouldn't be a problem for me so let's see what they finally decide 🙂

wineamyhouse

The feature was awesome.

I can honestly say that half of my new music I found randomly using the advanced search

(the other half was your playlists)

@Soundofus wrote:

@Joosemi02

Advanced search was still existing some months ago. It's an essential feature for any mature music lover. Advanced search exists in any serious software working with tons of datas. Advanced search doesn't make an app heavier .

sjefrolet

+ big 1 !!!!!! I'm so sad because of this