Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Social] Block Followers

I believe there should be a way to block people that are following you on Spotify. When blocked, the user will automatically unfollow you and will not be able to find you, or view your public playlists.

Blocking should be possible via both username and email address.

Liam

Updated on 2021-11-16

Hi everyone,

Thanks for coming to the Ideas Exchange, and sharing your votes and comments.

We’re pleased to confirm that all users now have the option to block another user on Spotify. With this update, you can actively block another user across desktop and mobile devices, preventing them from being able to see listening activity, public playlists, or view profile pages.

Here’s how it works:

• When visiting another user’s profile, click on the   (...) button.
  • Select “Block” (or “Block User” on mobile) to block the user whose profile you are viewing.
  • This user will now be blocked and cannot access your page, public playlists or view your listening activity.
  • To unblock a user, click the Unblock option in the same menu.

We're always working hard to provide the best possible Spotify experience in a safe environment.

Please see here for more information.

Comments

ppl may want to block their abusers/stalkers who can literally see the bands their victims listen to which makes them able to find them @ the nearest concert areas etc. or maybe there are just people I don't want seeing the stuff I listen to without having myself closed up all so they can't bother me? I just don't understand why Spotify is doing absolutely nothing when there are aspects that could even be considered dangerous, this goes from being nonchalant to borderline insensitive imo.

jk_903

2021 No solution..

neii

8 years lol. Safe to say spotify will never implement this?

sebzob

This is really sad. Even if you luckily don't have any safety concers regarding followers it makes the whole "this is a good idea" statement absurd and pointless. Why does Spotify ignore its users ?

Carlrmyers

Please implement this.. this is a necessity for a social platform

shivanidp

Once again we are simply requesting for the ability to block or remove profiles!!!

This has been a request for over 8 years now.

Please implement this

level

Still nothing! This is very easy to implement on the back end. What the **bleep** is the issue anyway?

shelbygoodkind

my friend's rapist follows me and im extremely uncomfortable with that, it's frankly just distressing. i dont want him to see our playlists or what we're listening to, but i dont want to private everything just because of 1 person. please let me block him.

phantasiapt

More than 8 years have gone past and over 12k people voted to have this implemented. I'm seriously considering dropping my spotify subscription and taking my money somewhere else, there's competion out there and offering a load more than you guys do.

Quit this nonsense of having ideas voted and just do something about it.