Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Social] Block Followers

I believe there should be a way to block people that are following you on Spotify. When blocked, the user will automatically unfollow you and will not be able to find you, or view your public playlists.

Blocking should be possible via both username and email address.

Liam

Updated on 2021-11-16

Hi everyone,

Thanks for coming to the Ideas Exchange, and sharing your votes and comments.

We’re pleased to confirm that all users now have the option to block another user on Spotify. With this update, you can actively block another user across desktop and mobile devices, preventing them from being able to see listening activity, public playlists, or view profile pages.

Here’s how it works:

• When visiting another user’s profile, click on the   (...) button.
  • Select “Block” (or “Block User” on mobile) to block the user whose profile you are viewing.
  • This user will now be blocked and cannot access your page, public playlists or view your listening activity.
  • To unblock a user, click the Unblock option in the same menu.

We're always working hard to provide the best possible Spotify experience in a safe environment.

Please see here for more information.

Comments
meahtenoha
Status changed to: Not Right Now

2015-01-14

Hey folks! Thanks for your feedback around this idea. At this time we need to change this status to "Not Right Now". We still want your comments around this and we'll continue to report your feedback. 

As soon as we have an update on this we'll post again here, thanks everyone!

GenericUsernam3

Just wanted you to know that I just ended my subscription solely due to this reason.

draailierspeler

What's this **bleep** at once? I receive messages that certain people follow me on Spotify.

I DON'T WANT TO BE FOLLOWED AT ALL.

So, how can I eliminate this option?????

junowatt

I think it's a real shame that they haven't fixed this. I don't mind the wider public seeing what I've listened to but there are people out there I don't want connected to my life what so ever. I'm continually getting the same person (the one in question) being suggested to me as someone to follow. I don't want to see them. Pictures and words hold memories and sometimes you just want to avoid them. Life is a lot simpler when you have the choice to close certain doors. If there is ever a social aspect to an online service it should be mandate that one gets to decide who they come into contact with.

Please Spotify sort this one out. I think it's quite clear that there are enough people annoyed by this to warrant doing something about this. Especially considering the size of the company.

polenerc

I'm still in awe as to WHY SUCH A SIMPLE THING as BLOCKING has still not been implemented in spotify! I mean it must not be so hard to do, I bet.. And even the lamest platforms have this option. Please do it like in twitter, where the blocked person can no longer follow you or see what you're listening to or subscribe to your playlists.

It is a SHAME that you have ignored this for years already

adry803

This feature should have been added by default. Not being able to remove/block followers is an invasion of privacy.

It should be considered a major feature to be added, if not a critical bug. Spotify should be able to handle this with ease, you got plenty of good developers that can make this happen in a snap. Please be professional, how many kudos you still need?

Thanks for listening to your customers.

erynmacdonald

Created account and came on here just to upvote this functionality. Hugely annoying logging into Spotify to keep getting FB friends in the follow list of those who you have blocked and unfollowed in FB.

This is critical functionality unless you want me to unsubscribe to Spotify - everytime that stupid face pop-up, it makes me want to log into Spotify less!

carrie31187
Still waiting on this? Dealing with creepers here...

Well, this is the third time i had to delete a Spotifyaccount & make a new one, since one person keeps stalking me,where i Have to connect Spotify  to Facebook. Theres this one person on this whole wide world that i have blocked on Facebook . Well. That **bleep** just now saw my Facebook name all written all over the Spotify and could easily start to follow me. Offcourse i have all my 14 playlists on Privatemode, but id love it if i could "share music with my friends"!!! Hombre, Im moving on to Deezer now, so long & Thanks for the help Spotify! (You should put that in your add

"- people you block on Facebook, can now for sure find you so so so so easy when you connect to Spotify!

And by the way, you cant get Spotify without connecting it to Facebook , sorry suckers! ha ha " 

kpratt90

Complete stupidity that the status is "Not right now". Why would this even be up for debate?! I'm considering ending my subscription and removing my account because of this. It's a shame because this has been the best music service I've ever used. I hold the control of my privacy and the fact that this social platform doesn't enable this control to the extent it should be at disappoints me greatly.