Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Video on Apple TV

With Video coming to Spotify, it feels like a real missed opportunity that there is no video on the Spotify Apple TV app. I would love to be able to watch podcasts or shows on Spotify on my Apple TV. I assume this is already in the works, but if it's not it should be. If it is, when will we see it?

Updated on 2021-04-09

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Spotify Idea Exchange and voting to make this happen.

We're happy to announce that podcast video is now available on Apple TV. 

Once again, thanks for helping us make Spotify better, by participating here on the Community.

Happy listening and watching!

Comments
MrXcellent

To the dude that claims you can use a lightening adapter and HDMI cable to stream from a phone to your TV, no - you are completely wrong.  I am trying it right now.  Guess what happens? The video on my iphone from the Spotify app goes to a black screen while it plays.  This is 100% on purpose by Spotify.  It has been written to sense the connection and disable the video.   I can see my phone’s background, I can see all my apps, I can stream video from websites and YouTube, but the MOMENT I switch over to the Spotify app and play a Rogan video - Boom, no video!  

sergbravo

HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE FOR YOU TO UPDATE YOUR APPLE TV APP!  For real get it together Spotify, ALSO no radio selections in general, you don’t have that as media options when clicking the ••• no “create radio station” option wth! Right now the App straight up **bleep** that I can’t view Joe Rogan episodes, you guys really fowled this up, a quick workaround for anyone still reading this that has an Apple TV, stream your iPhone to the Apple TV because the iPhone app for some reason works better than the actual TV app, which shouldn’t be the case but it is what it is with this poorly designed platform. 

how do I apply to become a designer for 
Spotify, because you obviously need help. NYC positions available? 

xscribex
Mirroring your iPhone to the Apple TV to watch the video doesn’t work it only give a black screen with the Spotify app. Another fail.
veritas01

Dude it’s been like 5 months. How has this not been fixed yet? Come on, Spotify. Let’s get it together. 

Paul775

FIX APPLE TV AIRPLAY JRE VIDEO, SPOTIFY!!!!!!!!!    
LIKE OTHERS HAVE SAID ITS BEEN 5 MONTHS!!!!!!!

FIX ALL APPS, YOUR APPS ARE TRASHY ANYWAY, I AM VERY TECH SAVVY!!!!!! SO I KNOW ITS NOT ME. 

JUST DO YOUR JOBS!!!!!!!

FishMonk

Are these votes being counted on Dominion machines??? There's a conspiracy going on. 

I'm calling Alex Jones and Eddie Bravo to figure out what Spotify is hiding from us. 

drrn

Spotify is the worst streaming platform out there hands down. No feature parity across any of their apps. No community requested features ever get implemented. Good job guys, it’s not easy to make the worst streaming platform. Kudos. 

kmt2001

Are we still doing this? guess I’ll officially move to powerfulJRE

Eiteheatrob

Please update this ASAP Spotify, YouTube had it right. And I actually pay for you guys!

Nicog35

How is that even classified as an idea? You have podcast videos, you have an Apple TV app, come on Spotify! bring it to your customers!