Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Xbox One app

I'm aware that a large majority of Spotify users won't be gamers but with Microsoft's latest console, the Xbox One, do you think it'd be possible to get a Spotify app? Now that it's possible to multi-task and stream while you game the opportunity to gain new monthly subscribers is massive.

It's already possible as seen with Microsofts new service "Xbox Music" which features heavily in the new console. I know I'd definitely use the app if there was one. Anyone else?

Updated on 2017-08-09

Massive news in the Community today. We're implementing the second largest idea request for all of you.

xbox 2.jpg

Spotify is now available on Xbox One in 34 markets* around the world. The new integration means that millions of Xbox One gamers can now choose the perfect music from Spotify to provide a fresh soundtrack for every gaming session.

Spotify allows you to personalize your gaming experience through your saved music, pre-curated gaming playlists and the full catalogue of Spotify music in the background, while in game. Simply play music on demand, whether you are a free or Premium Spotify user. Creating your personalised gaming soundtrack has never been so simple.

For more information check out https://www.spotify.com/xbox/ and our FAQ here

*AR, AU, AT, BE, BR, CA, CL, CO, CZ, DE, DK, FI, FR, GR, HK, HU, IE, IT, JP, MX, NL, NZ, NO, PL, PT, SG, SK, ES, SE, CH, TW, TR, UK, US

Thanks for your continued feedback here, we're listening!

Comments
bogusrj

I decide to left spotify, now i'm on Groove Music and the app is awesome, running in windows 10 mobile and xbox one natively. Sorry spotify, 2 years of premium subscribe has ended.

Dovalle90

We as gamers would definitely appreciate it! I would definitely use it every day! Please make it happen! 

TomTardis

Same here. I want something that will play Spotify in my home theater system. I'm hoping Spotify will release a Windows 10 universal app when we get that ability on the X1.

I would love to see Spotify on XB1, but it's not going to happen.  Spotify has already said they're sole focus is the PS4 for the foreseeable future.  

**Rumor** has it that Sony handed over licensing(could also be read as: held licensing hostage) for their entire music library to get Spotify to build the native music app for the PS3/4 and part of the deal included an exclusivity agreement for the PS3/4.  

That's all rumor and speculation, though.  That contract is likely buried under miles of NDA paperwork and will never see the light of day.

TomTardis

Yeah, after a little reading, I discovered basically the same thing. It's not on Apple TV, either, So I'll probably end up plugging in a cheap Android stick for Spotify playback. 

MarcoAlpha1

I sound love it, and Now ad background Music!!! Please do it!!!

borgeindergaard

This exclusivity deal with Sony was a bad move. I've subscrived to and used Spotify since the 1st day it launched. Sadly this is now going to end, and I'm moving to Groove instead so that I can play my music on my newly purchased Xbox One S.

Who on earth decided to push 20+ million customers out of an eco-system? That is the WORST exclusivity deal in history.

Hi all, 

I don't think it's Spotify you need to convince, it's Microsoft. Their Music app, Groove music (or as I like to call it: NO) comes up if you search for Spotify on the Xbox One. Remember when Microsoft tried to force us to use Internet Explorer (or as I like to call it: The Download Chrome app)? Same thing here, Microsoft  wants to force us to use their **bleep**ty app. Well I'm not going to. Spotify support is integrated into my Home Cinema system, why on earth would I switch to a poorly supported Microsoft (cr)app? It's even on my Samsung Smart TV. Not that I use it, but it goes to show that Spotify is widely supported, and Groove can go suck it.

You would think Microsoft would have learned something from the European Union lawsuits forcing them to stop forcing us to use Internet Explorer. Fortunately you can vote to have them put Spotify on Xbox one. Follow the link and do so: https://xbox.uservoice.com/forums/251646-apps/suggestions/6028639-spotify-app-for-xbox-one

tl;dr if you want spotify on Xbox One follow this link and vote.

Hi all, 

I don't think it's Spotify you need to convince, it's Microsoft. Their Music app, Groove music (or as I like to call it: NO) comes up if you search for Spotify on the Xbox One. Remember when Microsoft tried to force us to use Internet Explorer (or as I like to call it: The Download Chrome app)? Same thing here, Microsoft  wants to force us to use their **bleep**ty app. Well I'm not going to. Spotify support is integrated into my Home Cinema system, why on earth would I switch to a poorly supported Microsoft (cr)app? It's even on my Samsung Smart TV. Not that I use it, but it goes to show that Spotify is widely supported, and Groove can go suck it.

You would think Microsoft would have learned something from the European Union lawsuits forcing them to stop forcing us to use Internet Explorer. Fortunately you can vote to have them put Spotify on Xbox one. Follow the link and do so: https://xbox.uservoice.com/forums/251646-apps/suggestions/6028639-spotify-app-for-xbox-one

tl;dr if you want spotify on Xbox One follow this link and vote.

Rob_2811

This really isnt down to Microsoft trying to push their own service is it? Spotify has a confirmed that it has a Exclusive deal with Sony for the Playstation so stop spamming the topic with erroneous conspiracy theories about Microsoft preventing Spotify from supporting the platform.

Spotify are probably far too busy whining about Apples App Store policies and crowing about how exclusives are bad for artists and fans. The irony is delicious.