Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Xbox One app

I'm aware that a large majority of Spotify users won't be gamers but with Microsoft's latest console, the Xbox One, do you think it'd be possible to get a Spotify app? Now that it's possible to multi-task and stream while you game the opportunity to gain new monthly subscribers is massive.

It's already possible as seen with Microsofts new service "Xbox Music" which features heavily in the new console. I know I'd definitely use the app if there was one. Anyone else?

Updated on 2017-08-09

Massive news in the Community today. We're implementing the second largest idea request for all of you.

xbox 2.jpg

Spotify is now available on Xbox One in 34 markets* around the world. The new integration means that millions of Xbox One gamers can now choose the perfect music from Spotify to provide a fresh soundtrack for every gaming session.

Spotify allows you to personalize your gaming experience through your saved music, pre-curated gaming playlists and the full catalogue of Spotify music in the background, while in game. Simply play music on demand, whether you are a free or Premium Spotify user. Creating your personalised gaming soundtrack has never been so simple.

For more information check out https://www.spotify.com/xbox/ and our FAQ here

*AR, AU, AT, BE, BR, CA, CL, CO, CZ, DE, DK, FI, FR, GR, HK, HU, IE, IT, JP, MX, NL, NZ, NO, PL, PT, SG, SK, ES, SE, CH, TW, TR, UK, US

Thanks for your continued feedback here, we're listening!

Comments
tjknight

The first app I looked for when I got my Xbox One was a spotify, needless to say I was dissapointed. Please make the app.

puddingparty

Why is Spotify not available on Xbox One? This is very frustrating. Please make a simple app!

I would really like to see this as an app, due to the fact that Pandora really stinks. I like being able to listen to my own playlist, instead of a radio station. I guarantee that Spotify could get a lot of people to switch from Pandora.

Here's to hoping,

Ryan

Mravens10

Microsoft need to have Spotify on the Xbox one.  How can you support Spotify on PC but not the Xbox One come on Microsoft. 

rcherland

I would definitely enjoy Spotify on my Xbox One.  I think there's an app for PS4, so it feels stupid that we got no app for our system.

qtwilson

I use my Xbox One for Netflix, Hulu, Streaming Media via my laptop, watching TV (via the TWC app); however for some odd reason the only way I can listen to my music via Spotify, requires me to flip over to my 2nd HDMI port, start my Roku, and then the Spoitfy app.................why can't support for ALL major media/gaming devices (aka Xbox One) occur?!

LaModeMartin

We need Spotify on Xbox One! I already listened on my PS4, and I just got a new Xbox One S. As others said, I searched for Spotify first, and I'm disappointed it's not there. I can listen on my PS4, Android and PC, so it's surprising that there's no option here. Especially considering the Xbox is much better as a home entertainment hub than PS4. 

marmau

No Microsoft/Xbox partnership necessary.  They simply need to make an app that works not only on Windows Phone (as they have now), but also an app that works on Windows 10 and Xbox One.  While theyre at it, they should ensure it supports background music so you can play games and play Spotify at the same time.  Not a threat - but if we dont get one soon, ill cancel my Spotify Premium subscription and switch to a Groove Music pass (because of course they have an app on Xbox One, but also Windows 10, Windows Phone, Android, IOS and pretty much every other platform.

eastzide

groove music is gd i have it

eastzide

groove is gd get it