Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Xbox One app

I'm aware that a large majority of Spotify users won't be gamers but with Microsoft's latest console, the Xbox One, do you think it'd be possible to get a Spotify app? Now that it's possible to multi-task and stream while you game the opportunity to gain new monthly subscribers is massive.

It's already possible as seen with Microsofts new service "Xbox Music" which features heavily in the new console. I know I'd definitely use the app if there was one. Anyone else?

Updated on 2017-08-09

Massive news in the Community today. We're implementing the second largest idea request for all of you.

xbox 2.jpg

Spotify is now available on Xbox One in 34 markets* around the world. The new integration means that millions of Xbox One gamers can now choose the perfect music from Spotify to provide a fresh soundtrack for every gaming session.

Spotify allows you to personalize your gaming experience through your saved music, pre-curated gaming playlists and the full catalogue of Spotify music in the background, while in game. Simply play music on demand, whether you are a free or Premium Spotify user. Creating your personalised gaming soundtrack has never been so simple.

For more information check out https://www.spotify.com/xbox/ and our FAQ here

*AR, AU, AT, BE, BR, CA, CL, CO, CZ, DE, DK, FI, FR, GR, HK, HU, IE, IT, JP, MX, NL, NZ, NO, PL, PT, SG, SK, ES, SE, CH, TW, TR, UK, US

Thanks for your continued feedback here, we're listening!

Comments
Calprainn
Two years have passed (almost) and nothing happens.
But the sucky PS4 got a Spotify app.

It's a shame.
Money rules the world, even at Spotify.

alaskajohn

Wow, I had no idea Spotify was not on the Xbox One.  I assumed it was and am planning buying one soon.  I currently use Spotify Connect on my FireTV and expect Spotify to be everywhere Netflix is.  Disapointing to find out its not.  As a result, my XBone upgrade later this year will likely mean dropping Spotify paid subscription.

Xymilato

At work more and more collegues joined the spotify party. They now have a shared playlist for listening during work. I want to join them, but what's holding me back is the lack of Xbox one support. Please support of announce support for it! If I know it'll come native I'll cope with a miracast solution for a while.

gaudreaujo

Can't believe there is no Spotify application on Xbox One... It's a shame. And it is more and more painfull to here about the PS4 ad while listening music.

Please DO something, it's probably the best music streaming app ever and still, not offering any support on the more convenient platform ever. (like it was difficult to code an app for a "windows" environment)

esco_1984
I'm an avid xbox one gamer, and I'm considering leaving Spotify to listen to background music while playing. This is upsetting, as I'm actually a big Spotify fan 😞 Are there any other music apps i can listen to in background while playing Xbox One?
DaltonBarnard

I've been a Spotify subscriber for yearssss, almost as long as I've been an Xbox Live member. I refuse to switch to another music service because I love Spotify, enough to partake in a Spotify Campus Influencer (or Spotfluencer, if I may) program on my campus 2 years ago. I would absolutely LOVE the ability to use Spotify on my Xbox One. I just keep holding out for this to happen. Patiently.

didier3001

Music in the Background will be possible after the Xbox One Windows 10 update coming this November. I guess the first one that will benefits from this is Groove Music that I decided to use now since there is no Spotify App on the Xbox One. So far I'm pretty happy. In My car I now have connected a cheap Windows Phone where I installed Groove Music and downloaded all my playlist, Albums offline. At home on My Xbox, When running on my Phone and when in the Office, either the Browser or the Windows 10 App.

sl1995

I would totally use the spotify app on my xbox one everyday. I already use it while i'm sitting in the train to work.

I would love to use it also while gaming. 🙂

I would love to see a Spotify for Xbox One app. I use Pandora all the time xbox and it sucks. I enjoy Spotify on my phone and computer so xbox would be great!
KeKoJoNeZ
Will not be on Xbox any time soon, PS4 has exclusive deal with Spotify 😞