Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Xbox One app

I'm aware that a large majority of Spotify users won't be gamers but with Microsoft's latest console, the Xbox One, do you think it'd be possible to get a Spotify app? Now that it's possible to multi-task and stream while you game the opportunity to gain new monthly subscribers is massive.

It's already possible as seen with Microsofts new service "Xbox Music" which features heavily in the new console. I know I'd definitely use the app if there was one. Anyone else?

Updated on 2017-08-09

Massive news in the Community today. We're implementing the second largest idea request for all of you.

xbox 2.jpg

Spotify is now available on Xbox One in 34 markets* around the world. The new integration means that millions of Xbox One gamers can now choose the perfect music from Spotify to provide a fresh soundtrack for every gaming session.

Spotify allows you to personalize your gaming experience through your saved music, pre-curated gaming playlists and the full catalogue of Spotify music in the background, while in game. Simply play music on demand, whether you are a free or Premium Spotify user. Creating your personalised gaming soundtrack has never been so simple.

For more information check out https://www.spotify.com/xbox/ and our FAQ here

*AR, AU, AT, BE, BR, CA, CL, CO, CZ, DE, DK, FI, FR, GR, HK, HU, IE, IT, JP, MX, NL, NZ, NO, PL, PT, SG, SK, ES, SE, CH, TW, TR, UK, US

Thanks for your continued feedback here, we're listening!

Comments
abudoumbia

I hve been looking for spotify on xbox. but I think that spotify on xbox will be nice

Master0fgaming
I've been a Spotify Premium user for almost a year now and I love it. We need a Spotify app not just for Xbox one, but for Xbox 360 too. Something where I can play my games and listen to the awesome playlists I've accumulated over the past year or so. Check into it Spotify, you would probably get more premium users from it. 
Bac0nJets

I'm going to unsubscribe from Spotify if this feature doesn't become a reality. Seriously. Spotify likes to talk about how they have a vision of Spotify connect building the ultimate integrated home music experience, but won't even integrate it into a system that was marketed as a multimedia powerhouse?

It's EXTREMELY contradictory and when I first subscribed to Spotify, connect was the main feature I used. When I used to play PC games, changing music from my phone was bliss and you're saying you can't afford the same small feature for my Xbox One? You better BET there's gonna be a Spotify app for Windows 10 cloud and if they don't extend that to Groove Music, I'm done. I'm switching to Groove or something. 

Ejnappe

I would love this. Right now I have to use my phone and a aux cord to use my stereo. I'd be nice just to be able to use my XB1

Luispepper

I know you have a partnership with Sony's PS4 but why do we, Xbox One users, have to be cut off from having our music on the console we bought? It's sad that you guys ignore our request for years. I've had a premium account for a long time and I still can't listen to my streaming service on my X-One.

Csoulsby

I agree with this completely I have to admit when I searched the store on my Xbox one I was a little disappointed that Spotify wasn't an option for streaming music while gaming so for now Pandora will have to do I don't want to switch but I get tired of being in epic gaming mode and a commercial starts to play and completely kills it come on Spotify don't do this to your loyal fan/consumer base

jeremyflikkema

It's really pretty insane this isn't a reality yet. In the meantime try out Spoticast in the windows app store...it tends to be a little buggy but it's been getting regular updates and is better than nothing. 

mmklixxx

i will cancle my subscription if this wont become active!

im waiting for so long now and nothing happend

The silence is very unbecoming of a social media company. Could you please provide an upadate to the concerns of your customers? Not asking a lot here, just an update as to what has happend since your last reply
TomTardis

Sandpit, Spotify has already said they have an exclusive deal with Sony for the Playstation. They're probably making more money in kickbacks from Sony than they'd expect to make from users signing up to use Spotify on the XBox.

The only way Spotify is likely to change their minds is if users hit them in the wallet: if every XBox user canceled their accounts, citing the lack of XBox support as the reason they were leaving, Spotify might take notice.