Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Subscribe to Artists

I know for a fact that myself and a lot of people I know would love a feature that lets you subscribe to an artist or a group, immediately letting one know when a new album/track has been released.

We're happy to announce that you are able now to follow artists in Spotify!

Just go to an artist's page in Spotify and click "follow" under the artists name at the top of the page. You'll receive a notification update in Spotify when tracks are added to the artists profile.

Read more about it here: http://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Announcements/Introducing-great-new-ways-to-discover-music/t...

Enjoy!

Comments
mkl399

I also would love to see this idea implemented into spoitfy. The library is just simply to vast to keep track of all of the artists i listen too and this would help to keep me on top of the ones i love the most.

It would be nice to see it implemented in a fashion similar to the starred songs function. perhaps you could have a starred artist list where you could easily view all of the artists that you follow.

Vardark

Now you have a notification system. Next step is to make new releases from chosen artists to appear there.

anananas

3 months and waiting...

musicsnatch

Something i really miss.

Thank you for bringing up this issue.

Djiss

+1

RedDown

Watch this space?? What?

SteveBrammer

@Stephan,

"Watch this space" is just the new version of what used to be called "Planned".

It means the feature is being worked and will arrive in a future release.

Niqueje

Why does it take so long?

This seems to be such basic functionallity that's really going to let you enjoy Spotify even more...

*everytime when there is a new update in the App Store my fingers are crossed*

Degerhammer

A favorite artist functionality is absolutely necessary!

philipniklasson

I was just about to post this idea aswell and I do beleive it would be greeted with open arms by both the listeners as well as the artists.