Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Subscription] Google Play Payment

Please make the option to use Google play credit to pay for things on Spotify. I would like to buy premium but I am not able to since I don't have any of the payment methods. I have money on my phone in the play store. Please make it available to people like me. Thanks you.

Updated on 2022-03-25

Hi folks,

Thanks for sharing your feedback on this idea in the Community!

We’re excited to let you know that this has been implemented! Users who have downloaded Spotify from the Google Play Store will have the option to pay with either Spotify’s current payment system or with Google Play Billing.

For more information visit the related Newsroom article here.

Comments
seekingstars

I would actually love to see this appear in Google Play's Subscriptions page.

please make this a thing it would be sooo easy and convienient to subscribe via google play

rhaphazard

I agree with the above that managing subscriptions through a centralized system is preferable. Especially when it is primarily mobile.

spreng-US

Pandora accepts Google Play Store payment. I use that instead of Spotify  

I am in the same boat. I think this would be a fantastic idea! And I would think they would make more money by making this an option.

Luke
Status changed to: Inactive Idea

Updated on 2019-08-07

Hey!

Your idea was submitted a while ago and unfortunately didn't receive the amount of kudos needed to stay active in the ideas board (100 Kudos per year). 

In order to keep the Ideas Exchange clearer I'll close this idea for now, but this doesn't mean Spotify rejected this idea.

If you think this is an idea which needs to be implemented, you're welcome to post it in a slightly different form 🙂

Have a nice day!

Luke

Yordan
Status changed to: Implemented

Updated on 2022-03-25

Hi folks,

Thanks for sharing your feedback on this idea in the Community!

We’re excited to let you know that this has been implemented! Users who have downloaded Spotify from the Google Play Store will have the option to pay with either Spotify’s current payment system or with Google Play Billing.

For more information visit the related Newsroom article here.

OceanEyes

Is the new implementation for U.S. only? I don't see the option as a Canadian user

Artful_Dodger

This is still not available in the UK. Please could we be allowed the same ability to pay via Google Play?