Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Web Player] Bring back the queue!!!

The web browser just updated and I can no longer see my queue of songs nor add songs to the queue. 

This feature is an absolute must at work, why did you take it away? 

Unhappy at the moment and will gladly cancel my subscription if this feature is gone for good. 

Updated on 2018-01-30

Hey everyone, this has now been implemented! You should now be able to find your Play Queue when using the Spotify Web Player. Thanks for your feedback here.

Comments
idontneedalogin

I'd love to know how Spotify come to these ludicrous decisions. You can't go calling it an improvement at the sime time as removing fundamental features. 

whocares23456

I have been using alternative music players as removing a simple feature like up next is bull**bleep**.

benocide

Such a small feature, such a massive hassle. The queue function is essential to enjoy seamless discovery and listening. 99% of  Chromebook users  only have access to the web player (don't get me started on Google making Android apps availble on Chromebook - it's now well past the due date), and now don't have access to this basic function that all your competitors have. 

jacobcn

You've downgraded your services while the customers are still paying the same price. There is something fundamentally wrong with this. Considering that the vast majority of the songs I have ever listened to on spotify were set to play using the queue function you have essentially taken away more than half of the value you are providing to me, or inconveniencing me over half of the time I use your services, however you want to look at it. Here is a bit of advice any small app developer could tell you and something a large company like yourself should have learned long ago. If you are going to roll out updates or entirely new platforms then you should make sure that that these new updates or changes are actually an improvement and not simply a downgraded cheaper solution. IF IT'S NOT AN IMPROVEMENT, DON'T RELEASE IT. It's quite simple really. I am aware that development and upkeep of a platform as complex as Spotify is very expensive which could encourage you to cut corners where you deem appropriate; it appears you have done this with the web player. Im sure you already know this as you should have access to such data, but many people using the web player are doing so due to application install restrictions placed on their workspaces by employers or institutions such as universities. Most people are not using the web player because they are too lazy to download the free app, they are using the web player because they require administrator permission to download and install third pary applications, which they cannot get. 5 years ago when I became a spotify premium member you all were leading the market with little to no competition and selecting your services was a no-brainer. Now you have lots of competition and will quickly be swept under the rug by Apple, Google, or Amazon if you continue to make decisions like this. They are smarter than this. While I am reluctant to make the switch considering the time invested in my Spotify account, this is such a fundamental problem with the Spotify's decision making that I will have to look for services elsewhere. Good Luck

Jam86

Seriously wish that I had not updated the app. Now the queue is gone. This SUCKS!!!

sugarsang

Most of listen to spotify at work where employees have restricted rights in terms of downloading personal programs or apps. The web version of Spotify needs to be just as user-friendly as the app. Come on Spotify - be reasonable.

leomarley-ec

we need the queue!!! 

sam_mul

Removing the play queue is a massive pain. I have to use the Spotify app on my phone to remote control the player - I don't mind everything else, just bring the queue back and I'll be happy.

sarangkunte05

This has to be a joke. Who made this decision to remove the play queue from a music app. Lol.

avgjoe22

Going to add Google Music to my queue of services to try as I consider whether Premium is worth it