Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Xbox] Cross-device Volume Control - Xbox via Connect

Hello 

Unfortunately, the volume can no longer be changed via PC or smartphone on Xbox when the Spotify client is running on Xbox. However, this function still existed until last week. Have you permanently removed them or will they come back with the next updates? Unfortunately, the missing feature takes a little bit of the option to use the Xbox as a media center. 

Lg

Marcel

Updated on 2021-06-30

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Spotify Idea Exchange and voting to make this happen.

We're happy to announce that volume control via Connect is now available on Xbox. This feature is now accessible with version 2.22.9.70 for Spotify on Xbox, so make sure to check for updates. 

If afterwards there're any issues, we recommend a reinstall of the app on both the Xbox and the controlling device.

Once again, thanks for all the votes and helping make this a reality!

Comments
janonspot

I posted a tweet @Spotify mentioning this thread... Please retweet and let’s see how it goes!

https://twitter.com/timefella/status/1350674533053652996?s=21

RaikouWolf

Let's keep up with the replies. The moderator team at IDEAs has been watching this thread for months. Let's keep sending them notifications until they do their job and reply! 

De_p2

Also tried to tekst some of the moderators but till this day haven’t got any reply. 
Feels like this is some sort of ditching platform where you can “complain” against the wall.

When you contact Spotify Care on Twitter they respond within a few hours. Guess the pidgeon hasn’t arrived yet. 

Potsowo

I really need to get this feacher back. It was the only reason I even used spotify.

nlevings

Honestly Spotify is/has turned to trash. Maybe 6 months ago it was all good then some updates started breaking a lot of stuff or just making it worse. OBV the volume control issue which this thread is about, but also pressing play/pause and nothing happens, offline search/play is a joke, controlling music from one device playing on another frequently get out of sync with each other, and this list goes on. Those were just on the top of my head since I encountered them multiple times in the last week.

Spotify WAS good, and I was okay paying for it each month since it worked well and their music library is vast. But all these issue with the COMPLETE LACK of response from Spotify is disappointing and not how you should run a business or treat customers. I can imagine them reading this thread and laughing to themselves at internal meetings... It is now time to switch to a competitor as soon as I stop procrastinating. What happened Spotify...smh

nlevings

Also I suggest rating 1/5 stars and linking this thread from wherever you downloaded the app from. Apparently $ is the main concern, maybe that will get their attention.

De_p2

Agree! Spotify App used to be way better then it is right now.

Sync with other devices is horrible. 

It seems like they don’t care much about their customers.

And there is no way these 11 pages are unnoticed, shame that they just won’t reply. 
It’s just a matter of time another app pops up and Spotify is nostalgic.

RaikouWolf

I think if anything it's embarrassing that they haven't replied. I've tried to complain but they have no complaints procedure. 

They just copy and past the same "We have passed your feedback on" message without even hearing the complaint. 

Flyboy937

Still no response from Mario or anybody with Spotify. This "idea" is four months old. FOUR. And we have nothing to show for it. It's time to try something different here. Being "patient and understanding" isn't working.

Spotify...tell us SOMETHING! If you have no intention of bringing this feature back then just tell us so we can take our business elsewhere. You clearly don't appreciate your customers and you prove it more and more with every day of silence.

janonspot

In the meantime, spotify replied to my tweet, without saying much though. If you have twitter, please reply/like/retweet, also to their reply, maybe it helps. 

https://twitter.com/timefella/status/1350674533053652996