Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Xbox] Cross-device Volume Control - Xbox via Connect

Hello 

Unfortunately, the volume can no longer be changed via PC or smartphone on Xbox when the Spotify client is running on Xbox. However, this function still existed until last week. Have you permanently removed them or will they come back with the next updates? Unfortunately, the missing feature takes a little bit of the option to use the Xbox as a media center. 

Lg

Marcel

Updated on 2021-06-30

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Spotify Idea Exchange and voting to make this happen.

We're happy to announce that volume control via Connect is now available on Xbox. This feature is now accessible with version 2.22.9.70 for Spotify on Xbox, so make sure to check for updates. 

If afterwards there're any issues, we recommend a reinstall of the app on both the Xbox and the controlling device.

Once again, thanks for all the votes and helping make this a reality!

Comments
zunexboxgroove
No it’s not...? My bar is still blacked out on Windows to Xbox.
zunexboxgroove

No it's not?  spotify_volume.png

De_p2

Phone connected to PC never had any issues for me. Only phone to Xbox wasn’t possible anymore.

App on the Xbox had an update yesterday and finally works again! 
PC or bluetooth speakers still works for me. 

4781E87C-CD80-4FB7-8D5D-7C97DC5065CB.jpeg

Mihail

Hey folks,

Thanks for your continuous engagement in making Spotify better!

We wanted to let you know that we've edited the title of the idea a little bit in order to better reflect it's body, namely that this request is about Xbox specifically. 

If you wish for this feature to be expanded to other devices as well, we'd recommend you take a look in our Idea Exchange and see if someone has already submitted an idea for this feature to be added  and if not post your own.

Cheers!

Mihail
Status changed to: Implemented

Updated on 2021-06-30

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Spotify Idea Exchange and voting to make this happen.

We're happy to announce that volume control via Connect is now available on Xbox. This feature is now accessible with version 2.22.9.70 for Spotify on Xbox, so make sure to check for updates. 

If afterwards there're any issues, we recommend a reinstall of the app on both the Xbox and the controlling device.

Once again, thanks for all the votes and helping make this a reality!

nlevings

Its back for me. Despite the total lack of communication, it seems someone was listening. I did buy a Logitech Harmony universal remote control to work around the disaster that was this feature removal. Nonetheless I am glad it is back. 

nlevings

Also shoutout the real ones who were in this from the beginning... you know who you are

TMC21

This great feature is finally back!!!

MoistMeatSleeve

YES! FINALLY! Far out, I can't believe they actually put it back. What a day to be alive where I am happy that after 8 months they put a feature back in that they removed.

What a day to be alive.

psgpremium

if music plays from phone connected to speakers and you want to control volume from other phone you can't do it, that function works before but was removed, why ?