Idea Exchange: How does my feedback reach Spotify?

Spotify
Spotify

This is part of a series of articles outlining how the Idea Exchange works:

1. Idea Exchange: How can I submit an idea?
  2. Idea Exchange: I’ve submitted my idea. What happens next?
  3. Idea Exchange: Why was my idea closed? 
  4. Idea Exchange: How does my feedback reach Spotify? 

The Idea Exchange is one of the most active areas on the Community.

Many of you have questions about how the Ideas Exchange works, such as:
- How is an idea communicated to Spotify HQ?
- How do votes impact the outcome of an idea?
- How do you decide what to implement or mark as "not right now"?

We're here to help try and clear some of these questions up.

The Community team talks with various other Spotify teams several times a month about ideas with over 500 votes (our criteria for being a top idea). It’s from these meetings that we apply one of the following statuses to each idea: 

Good Idea, Give It Some Kudos
We like this idea. A decision has not been made but we want to see how much the Community continues to vote on it.

Not Right Now
We talked about this internally but it’s not on our timeline right now.
It should also be noted that we cannot comment on new country launches, nor third-party integrations, before they come out. For this reason we will generally set those ideas to Not Right Now.

Under Consideration
This has been brought up internally.

Watch This Space
This feature is coming. We have a rough timeline for a release.

Implemented
This feature has rolled out.

Of course, votes are not the only deciding factors of what Spotify is going to do or not do next. We also have to consider the following:

•        Helping artists.
  •        Data and other information we've collected.
  •        Information from research testing, focus groups, and surveys.
  •        Feedback in the Community and other support channels.
  •        Our overall short- and long-term business strategy.

Further, if we build something that didn't originate from the community, we'll take the time to announce it if a corresponding idea exists in the community. Even if it hasn't necessarily reached 500 votes.  

So, if an idea is marked "Not Right Now", it doesn't mean we aren't listening (or that it won’t still some day be implemented) it’s because of many factors that determine what we can implement. Also, in some cases we can’t update the idea until it’s actually been implemented for a variety of reasons.  

But keep the ideas coming! The following features are now a part of Spotify because of you.

We hope this helps clarify how your comments and votes reach the right teams here at Spotify. Thanks again for your continued feedback and support.