Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Your Music: should be available on the iPad

It would be great to be able to use the YourMusic collection on the iPad.
Since I'm using the Pc, android and iOS-version it is confusing that there are different options and possibilities. But what I'm really missing on the iPad is the YourMusic collection. It would be also great if albums then could have the same functionality as playlist:
-you should be able to browse them all offline
-and decide whether they should be available for offline playback

I hope some of you see it the same way! Please add some kudos, even so you might think album and artist lists are outdated 😉 In case you like using the YourMusic collection, too, you might want to have a look at my other ideas.
https://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/Your-Music-album-artist-lists-should-be-available-Off...

2014-10-30

Hey folks! Today we're excited to announce Your Music has come to your iPad: helping you save, organize and browse your favorite music the way you want to. 

So now, you can easily build your collection while lying on the couch with your iPad, take it on the go on your phone, and access it on your computer when you get to work. You can read more about the latest updates on the iPad right here.  

The new Spotify for iPad starts rolling out today and can be downloaded through the App Store.

ipad-white-your-music-playlist1.png

Comments
Al3x
Very disappointing, an update was released but not shared across all iOS devices. If you make changes on the iPhone you can't access them via iPad, pure oversight and very annoying.
rvlak
The iPad version is really crippled without the My Music section and proper syncing. Why doesn't Spotify release a universal app based on the iPhone version?
andris-f

Still no update to the iPad app. The missing Your Music feature makes it almost unusable for me. Makes me think of cancelling my Premium subscribtion. 

MattSuda

The developers are currently working on an updated iPad app that includes "Your Music". It also will include the new black design. No estimated release date as of right now though.

NobNob

@MattSuda you dont think that they should have updated the iPad Version a Long Time ago, do You? Everybody tells us since months that there will be an Update soon, but everytime they bring new Features to the iPhone instead of fixing Bugs or bring some old new things to the iPad... Still nothing happened and I think nothing will change the next weeks For us .... Thats Spotifys style of keeping customers, dont say ETAs, ignore Users and just say we do not know anything, but they should work on something... Feel ashamed Spotify

MattSuda

I want the update just as bad as everyone else. It will come though!

Stevemallen

Well, i have given up waiting.  I'm going to switch to Rdio or Google Play Music very soon, unless this gets sorted soon.  As a premium subscriber I would have expected the iPad app to have been updated by now.

Stevemallen

I recommend iPad users switch to Google Play Music.  One of the great features there is that you can discover new music related to your listening habits.  Even the iPhone app works on the iPad.  I'm sold.  Spotify, is there any reason I should stick with you as a premium subscriber? 

Dontjoshme

I agree, 3-4 months is too long to wait for an update that's already available for other iOS devices. I just bought an iPad mini for the main purposes of navigation and controlling Spotify while on the road. I was very disappointed that the my music section was not available on the iPad! I have been a loyal Spotify premium subscriber since it was first available in the U.S.; however, the slow roll out of features that should be a no brainer are starting to make me second guess my loyalty to this product. Maybe it's time to add to or overhaul your development team. Just because your first to the party doesn't mean your going to stay on top, just ask Apple!

vjdwar

I just had to move from MOG to Spotify, because Beats bascialy ruined MOG. I amazed at how far behind Spotify is in terms of functionality. Not having ways to save and access your favorite Albums and playlists across devices is a basic capability that is sorely missing.