Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[iOS] Apple Watch: Spotify Streaming and Offline Listening

Apple Watch: Offline Listening

watchOS 5 should allow Spotify to develop an app that allows offline listening and streaming via cellular data.

Vote here to show your support for this development!

Updated on 2021-07-20

Hey everyone,

Thanks for coming to the Spotify Idea Exchange and voting to make this happen.

Тhis has been one of our most upvoted ideas and we've known it's something that our users would really like to see come true. 
We're happy to announce that this feature will now become available for the Apple Watch Series 3 or later.

It will be gradually rolled out, so it might take a bit until everybody has access to it.  That being said, we'd like to let you know that the roll-out rate has increased a lot in the last weeks, so if you haven't received the feature in the past, try reinstalling the app on your watch again and there's a big chance you'll get Offline listening now.

Once again, thanks for helping us make Spotify better and voting to make this happen, here on the Community.

Comments
LionHokies

Come on Spotify, you said the app is coming and yet it isn’t...  let’s get an update out there!

After my post and many others, I thought someone from Spotify would be monitoring the need for an Apple Watch App, but they have "fallen asleep behind the wheel" and  obviously dont care. With Spotify's resouces, revenue and EBITDA, they could implement an Apple Watch App immediately.

There is something more sinister here in why Spotify arent listening to their community.

georgo

Spotify is propably well aware of the need for an Apple Watch app.

There are other reasons behind not releasing one I am sure, but Spotify is not communication the reason nor their plans. 

As an end result they seem not to care about their subcribers which will bite back hard as more and more people will move to other services with Apple Watch support.

You have to show you care about your users dear Spotify. If not, don't wonder we are jumping ship.

bww020899

But then why does pandora have an app?

bubbacarl

I am now a happy Apple Music user. Very disappointed in Spotify's lack of support for Apple Watch.

kevinjc85

Who uses Pandora anymore? It's not a threat. Pandora is objectively an inferior app to Spotify. Random song plays, no set playlists. It's a relic at this point.

SABiltongHunter

I think their point was it's not conspiracy from Apple preventing Spotify from creating a watch app as there is a Pandora one as an example. 

RandyM73

I see. If that's the case, then Spotify needs to get on this! Once again, I upgraded to Series 3 specifically because of its LTE capability, and the ability to access music from anywhere. Please, Spotify, make an app, ASAP! Even prior to the LTE watch, there should have been a Spotify app.

MusciAdicted02

Same issue here, if no Spotify app on Apple Watch by end of Jan, im canceling Spotify and switch to Apple Music.

Spotify u r loosing costumers.

Eventerinky

Watchify is the app. I have a series 3. Download it on phone, login to your Spotify acct and then open app on Watch. Good to go!