Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[iOS] Optimize the Spotify app for the iPhone X

Please optimize the Spotify app for the iPhone X.

There are black bars at the top and bottom in the app, and because of that, the app doesn't look very great on the device. I'm sure that it's possible to "fix" this in the next few days/weeks so that the app is looking great on all devices again.

Thanks! 😅

Updated on 2017-12-08

Hey folks, 

This has now been implemented in the latest verison of Spotify. If you can't see this update, we'd recommend following the steps here

Thanks for the reports!

Comments
juli12404

I’ve just updated the app !! Now it is optimised ! Good news. Thank you Spotify. 

ma_marquezini

Spotify for iPhone X is now available with updated interface on version 8.4.28.

Alex1073

Hi, I am a premium user and I love spotify. I would really appreciate if you optimise the app for the iphone X

Tuneladora

I am paying for Spotify premium, and I am looking very much forward to having the app updated for my iPhone. All other major apps have already been updated, a lack of an update in the very next days would push me back to Apple Music with no hesitation. Thanks. 

Kcunak

black bars are gone and Spotify has been optimized for iphone x as of November 21, 2017; however, still no landscape.    I can get landscape on my ipad mini (realize that the screen is bigger) so it should not be that difficult to implement landscape mode on the iphone x, right?

pochaloux

Thanks for the update, only missing the Apple Watch.

FastDormancy

Please do this also on Android phones with 18:9 aspect ratio like Galaxy S8, LG G6, Essential Phone, etc...

DeviousDog

Who cares, its just an Application for the iOS.. how hard is that.  What would be better is if you had an Application for Apple Watch 3 owners so they could play their playlist over cellular without the need to carry their phones.   Now that would be more of a headline then an announcement for an Application that already works on the Apple phone.. LOL.. you are a streaming service, really how much optimization did you REALLY need to do for that. 

Chris
Status changed to: Implemented

Updated on 2017-12-08

Hey folks, 

This has now been implemented in the latest verison of Spotify. If you can't see this update, we'd recommend following the steps here

Thanks for the reports!