Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[iOS] Siri Integration

Instead of Siri Integration in the way this post is requesting, Siri Shortcuts Support would be far more useful and beneficial to the users, and easier for Spotify to implement. Please vote for this idea instead:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Idea-Submissions/iOS-Other-Shortcut-Support/idi-p/4569462#M87573

Now that Apple has announced an API for developers to have access to Siri, it would great if Spotify supported it, as well as announcing Siri support in the update release notes instead of the worthless "We're always making changes and improvements to Spotify" messages, that make finding new features a guessing game. (Like support for 3D Touch.)

Updated on 2019-10-07

Spotify is now integrated into Siri on Apple iOS devices.

This eagerly awaited feature will let you control Spotify and play music, podcasts, and playlists using the power of your voice. Now you can listen to Disney Hits or an exclusive podcast like Set It Straight with Midland at work, home, on the commute, while exercising, or doing chores, all by saying the familiar “Hey Siri, play. . . ” to hear the audio you want. Just make sure to update your iPhone to iOS 13 – from there, remember to end each phrase with “on Spotify.”

The Siri integration is also available on our new and improved app for iPad.

Comments
jayeagleson

The API isn't yet for music Apps. 

jamesone

I hope this is going to happen soon, it will make me want to swap to spotify from Apple music, as I do a lot of driving and I cannot use my phone (it's illegal & dangerous), the siri integration would help out heaps!!!

puddingparty

Yeah. Too bad the API isn't (yet) for music requests. But I hope that Spotify will support it first when Apple will allow music requests. 

izotopo

Make It happen!! Gör det!!

caféandfútbol

This could easily be a clincher for people on the fence for Apple Music or Spotify.  Using Siri to play music with Apple Music is phenomenal, especially while driving.  Integration with Spotify would make it so I never again switch back and forth.  Help me seal the deal here Spotify!  Get on this one!

caleb_designer

I heard Apple restricted it to force people to Apple Music...

fergandkate

With my iphone 6 and older IOS, i was able to use Spotify until only a few months ago. Now i have upgraded to a 7 and along with it the latest IOS, Siri will not recognise the word 'spotify'. When i say Spotify it starts dialing numbers which is a nightmare as you have to shut it down quickly !  I find this troubling, as if i switch to Apple Music's subscription for my family, which i have avoided so far, it would make my experience using Siri better.. and is that not Apple's objective in the first place?

mrkksst

I'm sorry but why has this not happened with the announcement that it is now available to do. Especially with people who have moved from Apple Music to Spotify where that works really well. 

fergandkate

Sorry which announcement? Is it third party software? I really don't want to open an app each time i want to use Siri for this purpose?

meahtenoha
Status changed to: Not Right Now
Updated: 2016-11-21

Hey folks! We wanted to post a new update to confirm this idea's status as 'Not Right Now'. We don't comment on any ideas that involve third parties, but if we have any public news about this we will post on our News Blog first. We'll continue to read the comments left here and pass the kudos numbers to our internal teams. Thank you!