[All Platforms][Music] Remove items from Recently Played history

I would also like it if we had the option to remove our recently played history because sometimes I would listen to someone's playlist or an artist by accident and I don't really listen to the playlist or artist anymore or I already have a song by that artist and it doesn't make sense to keep it in my library or recently played history.

Updated on 2019-08-28

Hello and thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange. We've marked this as a new idea--we've also updated the title to clarify what you're requesting for other users.

This is a repost of this inactive idea: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Closed-Ideas/Your-Music-Remove-Items-in-Recently-Played-permanently...

Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes. More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found here.

Related Ideas

Comments
Status changed to: New Idea

Updated on 2019-08-28

Hello and thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange. We've marked this as a new idea--we've also updated the title to clarify what you're requesting for other users.

This is a repost of this inactive idea: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Closed-Ideas/Your-Music-Remove-Items-in-Recently-Played-permanently...

Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes. More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found here.

ollibot88
Visitor

Siri + Spotify integration is a little weak, and she doesn't get my requests right half the time - which adds stuff to my recently played list that I don't care to listen to. Please bring back "delete from recently played" functionality.

user-removed
Not applicable

Please fix this, it is ridiculous that you can't remove something that randomly got played on your device (auto play ruined my recently played list and when I have guests over they pick stuff to play that I don't want in my history)

ashoraighne
Visitor

I came here to suggest the same thing. Please add a way to delete, remove, or hide a recently played list. I searched a bunch of stuff (without knowing about the private session function) and now my recently played is entirely stuff that I didn’t like and can not remove. Now, I am unable to play Spotify on the tv at work because these are visible with no way to delete.

johnrbuller
Casual Listener

Great idea

I have found that other occasional users of my account have listened to an artist and this is affecting my 'made For You', 'discover weekly' and 'release radar'. 

I know other people have this problem, espically after their account was hacked and now they are recomended songs played by the hackers!

This feature would also allow me to update my intrests by removing songs i no longer like.

collettemeadows
Visitor

I was looking to suggest the same thing. Please add the functionality of permanent  deletion of recently played on all platforms. I do a lot of searching for artists and check out songs and I cannot remove it at all. It is so annoying and really worked better before any functionality updates were made