Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms] Album Art for each Track in a playlist

View as Album List was a great feature. Based on comments I have seen on other forums, I am not the only one who thinks so. Please restore this feature.

Reasons:

1) Images are much easier to see than text. I have reached the age of reading glasses. Before this feature was removed, I could easily find songs / albums in playlists. Now I have to find my glasses beforehand!

2) Images are much more compelling and attractive than text. A picture tells a thousand words etc. The whole look and feel of Spotify is enhanced through the use of album images. Removing them seems like going against good user experience practice.

3) Nostalgia. Although I love Spotify and I firmly believe that subscription is the future of music, I still feel some nostalgia for "possessing" a collection of albums. Displaying album covers reinforces the feeling of having a collection of albums in a playlist.

Note that all three arguments apply equally to desktop and iPad versions of Spotify.

November 2013: Response to the comments from Spotify...

- There is no need for a cmd+G control. All playlists should always display the album cover.

- The Collections product was announced almost a year ago but there is no sign of it.

- A Collections product that simply displays the thousands of albums that I have ever listened to is not a viable solution in my opinion. I would need multiple collections (i.e.. playlists).

May-2014

I have created a new idea http://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/Display-Album-Cover-on-Your-Music-Songs/idi-p/791029 requesting cover art on your music (and playlists). Please give it your kudos.

July 2015

I note that Apple Music displays album art on playlists on all platforms.

Apple Music.png

Updated on 2021-06-24

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Spotify Idea Exchange and voting to make this happen.

We're happy to announce that this is now available on Android, iOS and Desktop. 

Once again, thanks for helping us make Spotify better, by participating here on the Community.

Comments
stefski

Essentially there needs to be an easier way to throw together a list of

The 300 best Appalachian Folk music albums of all time and being able to sort them 1... 300 in a practical way. 

Caveat: there is currently no practical way of doing this.

Please review to improve on on everybody's album lists --> better listener experiences --> more plays!

camaro-cowboy

I wish i would've said something sooner but what you've done taking away the names of the albums in the playlist makes it a WHOLE lot more DIFFICULT to try and tell where an album begins and ends.This may be trivial to you because obviously you are too LAZY to keep this feature in,but it is VERY important to your PAYING customers like me.Get your act together and give back to the people what they want!!!

disco_1986
by ruccola on ‎01-04-2015 12:59 PM

We REALLY need this back. The "Your music" function doesn't fill this need at all.

I want playlists with "Albums of 2015", "best albums of the eighties", "best synthpop albums", "best metal albums" etc etc. This just simply can't be done with Your Music, and probably will never be. So the easiest way is to just bring album art back to playlists. Voila!

+1000

boudewijndanser

gcarp Made some excellent screenshots. 

There are lots of people who don't focus on songs, but on albums.

People who are more visually orientated...

disco_1986

Just realized the feature is available on apple music ! ❤️

Never thought I would say that but I'm back on itunes after 2 years of spotify subscription. I love spotify design but I'm too tired of lists of hundreds sometimes thousands songs. 

Cheers

jamiegray

here's a quick mockup I made in photoshop of this idea. 

CWR30txUAAECqcz.jpg

chillerking83

hey jamiegray , is there a possibility to see the album artwork, like that or is it just an suggestion?

jamiegray

@chillerking83 yeah that was a quick photoshop mockup, not an actual screenshot

chicknahaf

This topic has been going on since 2013???  And we still have no album art???  There must be some mistake, right?  I must be missing some option page/window, yeah?

I just started using Spotify...last night...and though I adore that I've actually found some albums from my youth in their collection, I am noticing how it is already becoming difficult  to find an album from my growing-quickly list of faves without the album cover art.  Are they nuts?  It can't be that difficult for these bright tech wizards to add that option, right?  Or, am I assuming...nah.  Come on!  Just give us the cover art!  Easy-peazy!!

Or am I just a dope and haven't found where to opt in for the album art?  If so, please clue me in, and accept my profound apologies for being a snot before knowing the full scoop!

Thanks.

avidballd

Here's some salt in our collective wound. A view like the one we are clamoring for already appears in the "Popular" list at the top of every Artist page! For example:

Screen Shot 2016-02-16 at 7.52.40 PM.png

There it is! Right there! How nice does that look!? Spotify, if you're listening, just do that all over the place, or at least give us the option to do it ourselves.