Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Android] Remove the Shuffle / Play Button

Hi, I tried out your new design, which I have mixed feelings about, but nevermind that. The most annoying thing I come over in the new Spotify (for iPhone by the way) is the dumb, big, overlapping, unnecessary shuffle play button that pops up everywhere. Is this a bug or is this on purpose? Could at least had add an option for it. Also, it doesn't look streamlined at all with the current design. Did it even occur that not everyone wants a shuffle play button?

Updated on 2020-11-04

Hey folks,
As some of you will have noticed, this has changed on iOS.
We've updated the idea, so that we can update everyone more accurately with regards to Android.
We're marking this as a 'Good idea', too.
Please know that your feedback is reaching the right teams here.

We'll post an update if anything changes!
Thanks

Comments
TED209

I have no idea why someone thought this was a good idea.

"ooooh, the kids, they just looooooove to shuffle"

No.

Totaly agree. Check the proportions:

Screenshot_2014-05-02-00-27-52.pngScreenshot_2014-05-02-00-27-30.pngScreenshot_2014-05-02-00-42-39.png

Please fix this! is a shame.

Craythur

Instead of removing it just make it "non-persistant". That is, allow it to be scrolled off the page, this would probably appeal to both us that uses it heavily and for those of us that prefers to not see it when browsing the list.

To clarify, compare it to the annoying "tools" at the top of many webpages, at some pages it keeps following you when scrolling down to no use and lots of annoyance, and in some pages (like all of spotify's) it scrolls of nicely.

Make the "shuffle play" scroll off together with the album art.

MrGlenn

I do think it is a good idea to give people who want it the option to easily shuffle everything, and personally I do not find it invasive at all (and I am using a Q10 which has a small screen, so that is something). However the best option is always to give users a way to toggle stuff like this on/off.

basical
It's ugly and distracting, and unintuitive. Do these guys use their own app at all? When I click on a play list or album I want the track list to come up, not have this, to me, useless button and album art taking up half the screen.
basical
Change it now please, or I'm leaving.
Sum1

I have stopped using spotify premium on mobile. The huge persistant shuffle button takes up 30% of the screen and you cant get rid of the annoying thing. Its buggy as it goes over the links that I need to click on.

bodytaing

Yes please please please please remove this. What are you guys thinking? Why shove Shuffle Play down my throat when I never ever use it? Please make shuffle a small action button, and please don't let it overlap content.

shatkinson

The worst part about it is that the Shuffle function doesn't even work properly. What I mean by that is that it only shuffles through about 25% of the songs in the playlist. Definitely not "random" as Spotify claims.

dinomight

I agree with @Craythur . I use shuffle a lot and definitely don't want to have to go pick out a song every time before I start shuffling...just changing it so the button stays in place when scrolling instead of hovering over that section of the screen at all times should be a good compromise.