Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Android] Swipe to Queue a Track

Firstly let me say I have been using Spotify since it launched here in the US and have seen a lot of great improvements over the years. Great job!

I am a music listener who likes to let the current track play out before starting a new one.
I love what you have done on the iOS side with swipe to queue.

Can you show Android some love and put this story in your backlog? 🙂

Thanks for listening!

Updated on 2022-03-04

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Spotify Idea Exchange and voting to make this happen.

We're happy to announce that this feature is now rolling out on Android devices. If you don't see it yet, don't worry as it will be available for you soon. Just make sure to keep your app up to date. 

Once again, thanks for helping us make Spotify better, by participating here on the Community.

Comments
connmcd

It's been over 4 years... Why has this still not been addressed on Spotify for Android. Seriously there's literally no love for Android anymore

Dchoi44

The feature was once there I thought, but I guess it was the time I was using iPhone. I'm really surprised that this has been suggested such a long time ago, and they've never made it till this day. 

Spotify has been my favorite music app ever since I started using it, even after tried out competitors(I've tried them all).

But.. I really feel like there's no good vision on their feature adding. I can't list SINGLE change happened in 2018/19 that I was happy with. I can name a lot on the opposite side. 

Funky local file behavior that you almost always have to make a firewall exception rule for the first time is still there, it's been there since just.. forever(worst part is that they acknowledge the issue and yet never put it on FAQ, probably not wanting to show their carelessness about the issue). And even after that shenanigans it's not transferrable through every network so you gotta be lucky with your ISP or you'll have to use hotspot.

Well-functioned search bar is now hidden, + button to a heart to add songs(I thought hearts were for thumbs up for radios), still nothing happens when you long press of anything(...), like button on notification panel never worked smoothly ever since added, release radar half filled with unoriginal remixes(no offense, I just don't want them on my release radar), ... 

I'm not gonna hold my breath anytime soon, based on my experience so far.. and in the mean time, I might look for other options as well. The only reason for me to stay with Spotify was their curating, but with all remixes, it's no better than competitors I should say.

SantiDope

True. Am switching back to iphone. From my note 9. Got a good deal with ii pro max. 

dmclaurin21

It's just ridiculous that this isn't a feature at this point.... 

100M+ downloads on Play store and no support for such a basic feature. Disapointing 

KMDNavman

Still waiting... 

Your menus are too slow to queue a large amount of songs since the new animations have been implemented. 

GestureDetector is a thing, use it!! 

Luka5

This is an amazing feature on the ios im really sad android phones dont have it. It would be amazing if it was implemented.

chfhest1969

Is this idea still labeled as not right now because the last message from Spotify is over a year ago?

Enderplayer02

I'm waiting for this for ages... Can we make a Meme about it and raid this Thread? Maybe Spotify then realises that we need this feature also on Android. 

Veredicto

Ridiculous that this feature is not implemented. It's not much to ask, just a very basic thing. Could be done in a few minutes... 

Danitxu19

It Will be great if anyone can explain us why this feature is still missing for the android users, there's no technical reason as whatsapp and other apps have implemented yet...