Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Chromecast] Stream highest possible Quality to Chromecast

After casting Spotify from my iPhone or Android phone onto my new Chromecast audio device(s) I was disappointed to discover that I could not set the device to extreme quality, even though I am a premium member. It would be good to allow a default extreme quality setting on all devices used on my account or to allow setting the quality in the iOS/Android app.

Support says Spotify transcodes from their native Vorbis codec to 256kbps AAC, which further reduces audio quality, especially since Chromecast Audio seems to natively support Vorbis.  Spotify should strive to make their service use the best possible audio quality on any platform, and that doesn't seem to be the case right now with Chromecast.

Updated on 2021-06-07

Hey everyone,

Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.

Your suggestion has gathered the votes necessary and your feedback is now reaching the internal teams at Spotify. They're aware of the vote count and popularity of this idea. We'll continue to monitor and check out the comments here, too.

As soon as we have any updates on its status, we'll let you know.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Comments
Skwara

@Mario Thank you for taking interest in the subject. I would like to provide a link to my post in a different topic that talks about the same issue. In the post I provided some information that I believe will be useful for investigating this issue. Please check it out and if I could help in anyway, please reach out.

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Ongoing-Issues/Sound-quality-on-Google-Home-sounds-like-low-bitrate...