Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms][Your Library] Increase maximum Songs allowed in Your Music

I feel like the maximum amount of songs allowed in one playlist, and subsequently in "Songs" playlist under the new "Collections" feature, should be more than 10,000.

Quite frankly it should be unlimited. 

We are paying for a service but limited on how many songs we are able to save? That is absurd to me.

I recently started saving all of my albums into "Collections" and got stuck at about 1/4 of the way through - 10,000 songs has been reached and I am no longer able to save any more albums.

PLEASE INCREASE MAX NUMBER OF SONGS IN COLLECTION FEATURE!!!

WHAT IS A COLLECTION IF YOU HAVE TO LIMIT YOUR TASTE???

Updated on 2020-05-26

Hey,

Thanks for coming to the Idea Exchange.

We're excited to be marking this idea as implemented!
We've now removed the limit on saved items in Your Library, making it possible to save songs, and albums on Spotify to your heart's content.

As the app has changed quite a bit since this idea was submitted, please be aware that some functionality is now different. This change does not impact the limit on the number of songs in a playlist other than your Liked Songs.

For more info, check out this blog post.

Comments
hendersj
"Your library" is separate from playlists.
ganda

This is very sad, i did everything to get a premium spotify account because of how much i loved this application but this is a deal breaker. Since acquiring spotify premium last year i've been able to listen to a lot of new music, i  always heard a lot of music but i used to only have music on mp3 players and ipods and since it took a lot of work to put music there i'd end up listening to the same songs over and over again with the eventual new album i'd put in it, since i've acquired spotify it got much better though i've been listening to a lot of new music according to last fm 25% of what i hear every day is new music, but i sure do need my library to keep a track of all of this, if spotify can't provide it i'll just change to apple music i already have a subscription due to my mobile plan anyways, the only thing stopping me doing that right now is that i haven't actually reached the 10.000 limit. Currently sitting at around 6.000 musics but at the rate i'm going i'll hit the 10.000 next year no difficulty, until then i'll keep spotify if by then this problem isn't fixed you will definitely lose a client and no one will be more sad about it than me, you have the competition beat by miles, if you'd just solve this one issue you'd have my subscritpion for life, unfortunatelly we are still in very small number 1% is very very little and it surely will not make spotify do anything about it since it's not profitable to them at all and the backlash they get from us is very minimum to them. Hope the numbers goes up till next year so i don't have to leave, but i leave here my warning

dennisjleblanc

Agreed! Short term thinking will be the undoing of any great company. My suspicion is that creating a great company that will stand the test of time is not their bottom line goal.

theryanlee

Oh I can't stand the "Epic collection, friend" notification. What a slap to my face.. and I've been premium for four years now. The 1% thing is a total lie. I know that more than 1% of the user base reaches the limit. I'm guessing that they have a serious database problem which is why they haven't changed the limit yet. Many years ago when they structured the database and coded it out... they didn't plan very properly and now we have this awful issue. I just wish Spotify would be honest with me for once. I'm so sick of the fake rhetoric. You made a database error long ago. Just own up to it. And would it really be that bad if the service had to go offline for a bit to rectify this issue? I mean c'mon. Netflix and Hulu go offline all the time for maintenance. You gotta do better than this, Spotify. 

jgollenz

If this really only affect less than 1% of your users, shouldn't it be an easy thing to fix? Just increase the limit for those people that actually need it

nocturn-e

Spotify obviously doesn't care about its users. This has been a problem for years now, including the offline limit. I kind of understand, but don't agree, with the offline limit, but the Your Music limit is just ridiculous. You're basically just adding hyperlinks to a list. How much information or storage does that actually take?? How is this even a problem? They don't even explain why, only that it makes the experience "great for 99%" instead of just OK for 100%. How???

BroccoliCheese

I know I'll pass 10,000 someday because I plan to keep using spotify so I hope spotify ups the limit. It's kind of ridiculous if they don't. I discover new music and add it to my playlist daily. 

lastlivngcowboy

If u havent yet be sure to vote for this change here and ask any cool friends to do so by sharing the link.  I sadly suspect too, that spotify isnt in the game for the long haul which is a shame because they do have the competittion beat if they just address this minor issue...

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Increase-maximum-songs-allowed-in-quot-Your-Music-quot/i...

PaulMac

Spotify management, please get off your hairy fat lazy ar*ses and do something about this.

Its not rocket science - either make the simple fix needed or (if its not straightforward) then offer us an explanation as to why it can't be done.

Teazy

392 pages and still nothing happened, good job spotify! all leave to tidal 😄