Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Podcasts] Mark all/multiple podcasts played

Add the ability to mark all prior podcasts played. Recently joined spotify and would like to consolidate my apps. If I subscribe to a podcast with hundreds of episodes I would like to be able to pick the last one I heard on my current player and mark it AND all prior played. Currently the only way to do this is by manually marking each episode.

Updated on 2022-07-12

Hi everyone,

Even though this idea was previously marked as "Not Right Now", we're happy to announce that your feedback has helped us improve the app and this suggestion has now been implemented for the mobile app.

If you want to see this feature implemented for the desktop app aswell, you can vote on this idea.

Thank you for participating in our ideas exchange here on the Community and playing a big role in making Spotify better for everyone!

Comments
Creegz

Some of the lack of basic functionality in podcasts and music is why I have decided to cancel my subscription. I feel like the only way this platform will improve is if people start to cancel subscriptions and explain why they have chosen to cancel in the comments of the excessive cancellation process.

hpatel1859

An update on this issue would be appreciated.

Especially as Spotify keeps getting podcasts to exclusively publish on Spotify's platform and nowhere else. I love PocketCast but kind of have to switch over, and organizing which episodes I have already seen is going to be annoying without a better to to mark episodes as played.

Thanks. 

fau-empjhg_g

This is the sole reason I have not moved to Spotify for podcasts.

Not sure why this is marked as not implemented.  This feature exists (at least on mobile).  Go to the podcast, hit the gear (settings) button, mark as played, and select all.  Works perfectly and I got all my podcasts moved over and set up so old podcasts are marked as played.  

vdrandom

While mobile version has this feature, desktop does not, which is bizarre and a bit annoying.

Phi_il

Spotify is investing so much into making some podcasts exclusive on Spotify but at the same time is ignoring the need for basic podcast-played-management tools. How come?

Robadobdob

The lack of feature parity amongst Spotify mobile and desktop apps is the most infuriating thing about Spotify. If you add a fundamental feature to one of your platforms, you must add it to all.

And stop doing this "make them beg with votes" stuff, too. There are literally dozens of threads on here asking for this feature and yet it always seems to not end up on a roadmap.

We, your customers, determine your roadmap!

Dian
Status changed to: Implemented

Updated on 2022-07-12

Hi everyone,

Even though this idea was previously marked as "Not Right Now", we're happy to announce that your feedback has helped us improve the app and this suggestion has now been implemented for the mobile app.

If you want to see this feature implemented for the desktop app aswell, you can vote on this idea.

Thank you for participating in our ideas exchange here on the Community and playing a big role in making Spotify better for everyone!

TechRemarker

For those who wondering how to actual do this in on mobile, since unlike Apple Podcasts it's not clear from simply looking at the available options. You attempt to mark an episode as watched then it will have a message that appear if you'd like to mark others as watched, by either checking them off manually, or by selecting to mark them all at the top of the list. So while an unusual implementation, and not on desktop, still wonderful that it's finally possible.