Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Social] Block Followers

I believe there should be a way to block people that are following you on Spotify. When blocked, the user will automatically unfollow you and will not be able to find you, or view your public playlists.

Blocking should be possible via both username and email address.

Liam

Updated on 2021-11-16

Hi everyone,

Thanks for coming to the Ideas Exchange, and sharing your votes and comments.

We’re pleased to confirm that all users now have the option to block another user on Spotify. With this update, you can actively block another user across desktop and mobile devices, preventing them from being able to see listening activity, public playlists, or view profile pages.

Here’s how it works:

• When visiting another user’s profile, click on the   (...) button.
  • Select “Block” (or “Block User” on mobile) to block the user whose profile you are viewing.
  • This user will now be blocked and cannot access your page, public playlists or view your listening activity.
  • To unblock a user, click the Unblock option in the same menu.

We're always working hard to provide the best possible Spotify experience in a safe environment.

Please see here for more information.

Comments
nicolinas2

PLEASE CREATE AN OPTION SO YOU CAN CHOOSE WHO FOLLOWS YOU OR NOT!!!!!!!! IM EXTREMELY UNHAPPY WITH THIS FEATURE! Especially since we are paying for this service! 

nicolinas2

If someone is following you without your concent how can this be legal? It’s irrelevant that you can make all your playlists private. If I do not want my user name or even photo ID show that SHOULD be an option. Forget that maybe Spotify doesn’t see at harmful however, is someone is able to see what you are listening to and follow you they can contact you through other social media sources and harass you. With your user name alone. I should be able to be completely private and decide who follows me and not. This is a huge down fall Spotify and it’s creating angst among many users. 

kabigit

I'm with you Liam! The ability to block people on Spotify is extremely important!

sadaf09

Yes PLEASE!!!!

tedichh

I see this has been going on for 5 years now.. I'm also here to express my need for this function. I have people stalking me on social media, including Spotify, so I'm forced to listen to music in private mode. My friends can't see what I'm listening to because of this and it's making me feel like an outsider to our community.

With all due respect, I really can't understand how your team can ignore issue for so long! Making it a "good idea" is not enough! 5 years and that's all you have done. You could at least explain your reasons for not wanting to implement this. The whole ordeal is ridiculous. Basic privacy, people.

nicolinas2

Thank you for commenting on this as well. I don’t feel like Spotify is taking our complaints seriously. When privacy is a very serious issue. Maybe they don’t see the harm it’s causing. Emotional distress is concerning and if someone doesn’t want another people having access to their account they should have that option!!! I don’t care if you see it as just music you can see them following you on their page photo and all. This is so unsettling. I should be allowed to pick who follows me and doesn’t and delete someone who is following me and not allow them access to my account. Come on Spotify this is ridiculous. You should be ashamed of yourselves.

VJ1980

We live in 2018, privacy should be an important topic on your list! I would also like to block some people. For instance your relationship is over. You have broken all contact, even on social media. Now I listen daily to spotify... daily, maybe every minute of the day. When you share a lot of music, then it becomes an issue when that person is still following you on spotify. You get remembered every day! Make this an important topic on you to do list!

Ashmckeys86

Please allow blocking of followers. My account was hacked. Along with everything else of mine. My email,Instagram ,Snapchat and I filed a police report bc I knew who was doing it  and there is now a court order for no contact of any kind but the person is still a follower of mine?!?!?! It kills me inside that someone who almost made me lose allow my music is stil able to follow me. There has to be a way to get this available as an option. Please

dodgethis19

Yes, I'd love to see a 'block users' option

Kdkdk

Allow blocking.