Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms][Your Library] Increase maximum Songs allowed in Your Music

I feel like the maximum amount of songs allowed in one playlist, and subsequently in "Songs" playlist under the new "Collections" feature, should be more than 10,000.

Quite frankly it should be unlimited. 

We are paying for a service but limited on how many songs we are able to save? That is absurd to me.

I recently started saving all of my albums into "Collections" and got stuck at about 1/4 of the way through - 10,000 songs has been reached and I am no longer able to save any more albums.

PLEASE INCREASE MAX NUMBER OF SONGS IN COLLECTION FEATURE!!!

WHAT IS A COLLECTION IF YOU HAVE TO LIMIT YOUR TASTE???

Updated on 2020-05-26

Hey,

Thanks for coming to the Idea Exchange.

We're excited to be marking this idea as implemented!
We've now removed the limit on saved items in Your Library, making it possible to save songs, and albums on Spotify to your heart's content.

As the app has changed quite a bit since this idea was submitted, please be aware that some functionality is now different. This change does not impact the limit on the number of songs in a playlist other than your Liked Songs.

For more info, check out this blog post.

Comments
MusicNonStopXX

@smkspotify 

I see. 

But I got the 10,000 limit warning for my „epic collection„ although my music is organized in many playlists (and no more than 900 or 500 songs in each) 😞 

I think I could only create one playlist with 10,000 songs but not more. 

smkspotify

@MusicNonStopXX 

That’s odd. were you saving the songs to your library as well? Because you can absolutely create unlimited playlists with a cap of 10,000 on each one. You should only get the limit when you’re saving the songs to your library 

MusicNonStopXX

@DenalB

I was told to use a workaround by creating playlists for my loved tracks. 

But that‘s much more work...first like a song (heart) and then put it into the „loved tracks pt.2“ playlist as well.  

Plus deleting the automatic loved tracks playlist after 2,000 songs are in there and start all over again. 

I have done so and I can live with it. 

Still there is much more space in my Deezer library and that’s the most important aspect for me. 

MusicNonStopXX

@smkspotify 

Sorry for my stupid question but what is meant by saving to the library? 

I discover a good song and add it to my playlist.

I thought that would add it to the total library limit of 10,000 items??

But anyway, the warning showed up. 😞 

Is it a limit in Germany only? 

Or has there been a recent change?

I left Spotify 6 weeks ago. 

I will stay at Deezer now because they’ve got more songs. My husband and I found some great tunes there (family account) Spotify doesn’t offer. 

duginov
"Saving to library" is simple. Imagine you own 1,000 vinyl albums and/or
CDs. Imagine also 800 of them are available on Spotify. You would naturally
want to go and mark all those albums as "saved" in your Spotify library so
you can listen to them instead of physical records. Based on those 800
saved albums Spotify will be making mixes and recommendations for you.
Saving individual songs is more tedious and to me it's only a good idea if
for some reason you dislike most songs on the album but you like one or
two...
DenalB
@MusicNonStopXX

And that's a no go for me. 😉
MusicNonStopXX

@duginov

O.K. 

So that’s what I have done. I saved (added with a plus or heart) single songs and whole albums to my library, plus fave artists. Furthermore I made many playlists and added songs to those PLs. And one day the message popped up that my library was full. I stream online, so I don’t refer to downloads to my PC‘s/smartphone’s library.

But I hadn’t filled up any of the PLs with the a.m. 10,000 songs. Appearently the system summed up every item (artist/song/album/playlists with 50/200/800/100...songs) and I ended up with over 9990 items or so altogether.

DVDB3000

I'm sad i can't like anymore songs. I guess I'll need to make a playlist called "my liked songs continuted" or something. it's a huge pain finding it everytime i like another song and now the like botton is useless. Please expand likes! 

Cammcnae
No.

You can do the first part, in fact you should be able to add 10,000 albums
theoretically if that was all you had. But as far as I'm aware there is now
no way to shuffle all songs in your albums list.

Xentrix

PLEASE REVIEW - TIME TO BUMP THIS UP FROM A 'GOOD IDEA' TO A PLAN OF ACTION PLEASE SPOTIFY!!! You are doing true music fans a disservice by leaving this one on the wayside!!