Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[iOS] Apple Watch: Spotify Streaming and Offline Listening

Apple Watch: Offline Listening

watchOS 5 should allow Spotify to develop an app that allows offline listening and streaming via cellular data.

Vote here to show your support for this development!

Updated on 2021-07-20

Hey everyone,

Thanks for coming to the Spotify Idea Exchange and voting to make this happen.

Тhis has been one of our most upvoted ideas and we've known it's something that our users would really like to see come true. 
We're happy to announce that this feature will now become available for the Apple Watch Series 3 or later.

It will be gradually rolled out, so it might take a bit until everybody has access to it.  That being said, we'd like to let you know that the roll-out rate has increased a lot in the last weeks, so if you haven't received the feature in the past, try reinstalling the app on your watch again and there's a big chance you'll get Offline listening now.

Once again, thanks for helping us make Spotify better and voting to make this happen, here on the Community.

Comments

Come on Spotify, you're 90% the way there with your app, just make it work locally.

It seems ridiculous that I'm considering syncing playlists through third party solutions when Spotify should allow for playback like this themselves.

Thanks,

Sean

Mitchbarbon

same as everyone else. Love Spotify and have been trying to resist APple Music at every turn. Finally got an Apple Watch and this is the last straw. Got AM 3 months free, and if the Spotify app isn’t doing streaming OR offline by then, I’ve got to switch.

winsome

With the WatchOS announcements at WWDC yesterday, can we expect that you, Spotify, will quickly make use of the new Streaming API to provide us with mobile streaming directly from the watch?

MandyDroid

Spotify may not be the fastest but its stil the best .. Complain alll we want but none of uss are really going to switch to another music sreaming service. 

I do hope Spotify makes offline music available soon for the Apple Watch.

Actually if you'd read the thread you'd see that a lot of people already did, including me. Don't be ignorant.

bigdog5142

I switched! Didn’t want to...but I’m at Apple Music until Spotify does something to rectify this issue.

Simbo1970

Switched too - don’t meet customer expectations they leave. Simple as that 

kambizniktabar

I'm really surprised that nobody from Spotify bothers to reply and say something about their plan to make that feature available!!!!! 

MandyDroid

Spotify specifcally states that these forums are for ideas not conversation with developers. 😃

This idea is marked as an idea and it has not been denied yet. I am willing to wait a little longer for a stronger product. 

Jᴀᴄᴋ

Heard a lot of people want this.