Announcements

[iOS] Apple Watch: Spotify Streaming and Offline Listening

Apple Watch: Offline Listening

watchOS 5 should allow Spotify to develop an app that allows offline listening and streaming via cellular data.

Vote here to show your support for this development!

Updated on 2019-09-18

Hey folks,

We wanted to post an update as a lot of you have added your votes to this idea. 

We’re always working on improving the Spotify experience across platforms, but we’re afraid we don’t have any further information to share at the moment.

We typically don't announce integrations with third parties in advance. The best place to keep an eye on is on the Spotify Newsroom blog for updates about any partnerships.

Thanks for continuing to share your ideas!

Comments
denbeacon

Yeah I’m in the exact same boat... Been with Spotify for over 5 years with a premium family account. I would hate to move over to Apple Music but this feature is just too important. Currently got a 3 month trial of Apple Music for when I go out running with my watch. Sort it out Spotify, how many people are asking for this feature and still getting no answers? 

Visitor

I don’t like to, but if the offline feature for the apple watch isn't coming soon, I will have to switch to apple music.

The status of this suggestion and the inability to vote for it makes it even more frustrating.

I will wait 1 Month for the status of this suggestion to change and I really hope it will.

I don’t understand why Spotify is kind of ignoring this problem.

Dude_abides2
Visitor
Probably because we are all talk but none actually leave. I’m guilty, but
my patience is wearing thin.
illuvatar
Visitor

Upvoted for 'offline listening'. Can't believe it's not here yet in 2021. Please dedicate one programmer from your vast 'podcast team' to this issue so we can all continue with our lives.

hottest100
Visitor

Well, at least I know now that it's not a set up problem. For some reason the ability to listen to music via spotify on my new apple watch (without my phone nearby) worked for about 2 weeks. Now it's not. I don't get it. Why was it working and then not? I've tried reinstalling the apps, re-pairing my phone etc.

Visitor

@hottest100 Maybe you had internet access via wifi. Streaming music with your apple watch is possible. But the offline feature is missing.

hottest100
Visitor
Thanks, but nope. I’d switched wifi off, and cellular was on (I could make a phone call, receive messages).
Visitor

If you have internet access via cellular, streming will work too.

danny_dayan
Visitor

@Spotify,

Please improve the cache on the Apple Watch! 
I have constant problems with music not playing due to connectivity issues. Really frustrating when I need to debug the app during a run. Close the app, on/off cell, etc..etc.. and not always successful!
Makes my run frustrating! I am sure if it is possible on apple music that it be possible on Spotify as well. 

tks!

maxwood

Offline. Playlist. Support.

Keep this up Spotify and I'll be an Apple Music subscriber in no time. That'll save me £50 with their 5 month trial too.

Related Ideas