Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

DJs & Mixes

DJs & Mixes

Is there any possible way to upload mixes to Spotify with proper splits to featured artists? During these times it is difficult to for DJs to showcase there mixes online. Allowing custom mixes on Spotify can open up more opportunities.

5 Replies

Hey @StevoAde 

It is possible, but the artist/label will have to get the rights to upload the content of other artists used in the set.

Generally artists prefer to make these mixes available in other (easier) ways such as Soundcloud/Mixcloud, some other services that hosted the mix in the first place, or in fan communities.

In short - it's a bit of a hassle for artists and labels, so they usually don't upload mixes on Spotify. : )

Hope this helps, have a lovely day!

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Thanks for the feedback!

Hi Sebasty.

We have a podcast that publishes DJ-mixes. We have cleared the publishing of these mixes with the Dutch organisation Buma Stemra. Still our podcast gets taken of Spotify. Any chance on why this happens?

Thank you for your reply.

Martin

Hey @Vigro 

The reason why your podcasts get taken down is that Spotify for Podcasters can't be used for distributing tracks, DJ sets and other musical content. You can read more about that here.

Have a nice day 🙂

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

That's too bad.

Thank you for your reply.

Suggested posts