Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Music Stereotypes Thread

Music Stereotypes Thread

A thread about music stereotypes. 

"Rappers die from botched drug deals or drug overdoses."

(statistically correct because rappers=more than one rapper and hundreds of rappers probably died from the ways I've listed here.) 

4 Replies

Seems absolutely wrong for me, when i think about gothic or symphonic metal, then it absolutely does not fit rednecks. On the other hand - accapella seems a much better fit, thinking about homefree - a man of constant sorrow

Most of the people in a metal concert would be 30=50 year old rednecks, especially for death metal and black metal.

Nope. Gothic and Melodic Metal is most widespread in the northern european regions (Denmark, Finland, etc.), places where rednecks don't even exist.

Also i can't really connect the music of Nightwish, Epica, Within Temptation, Ex-Libris, etc.... with Rednecks - but maybe, coming from Europe - i have a different Vision of Rednecks than you. So it boils down to: What is a typical Redneck for You? For most europeans a redneck is an Unwashed Woodcutter-Type American in a flannell shirt with mostly thick, long reddish hair and a long braided beard.

Rednecks and metal don't combine in my head. 😅 I thought they have more to do with country music or something.

I think 'angry white men' is a slightly better stereotype for metal.

Another stereotype: listeners of electronic dance music or reggae / dub do a lot of drugs or weed respectively.

Another one that I've seen in action is this thought, that pop music listeners are casual listeners who have just not gone deeper into Other Music.

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts