Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Progressive House & Tech House DJ Sets on Spotify ? Where ?

Progressive House & Tech House DJ Sets on Spotify ? Where ?

Hi Guys,

Does Spotify also feature DJ Sets like Continuous One Hour or One and Half Hour DJ Sets ? Where the music plays nonstop. Just like you have DJ Sets on SoundCloud ? Does Spotify have that ? My biggest gripe with Spotify is I could not find DJ Sets from Progressive House Artists like Dmitry Molosh, Simon Tagias, Matter, GMJ etc…

So just wanted to confirm from other’s here is there a DJ Set from Artists like these ? Can someone link it to me if there are some ?

Thanks

1 Reply

Hey @augustya 
Good question, and I would like to have DJ sets on Spotify too.

However, the thing about DJ sets is that you have to have all rights for every single song used in the set, and if you don't, then you can't upload the set. A properly done set is a masterpiece, but licensing is a rather complicated thing these days.

For instance Amon Tobin wanted to sell a dj set he had done, and the published result had quite a few bits missing from what it originally was, among them a song by Destiny's Child.

Since then, he has released recorded sets as free for all. It's not worth the trouble of licensing (and that can chance randomly too), just to get an incomplete something on a CD or streaming platform, when you can go the easier route and let fans have the proper thing as an mp3/flac file, free of charge.

In short: the artist needs to own the rights to anything they publish on streaming services. For DJ sets, Soundcloud/Mixcloud and Youtube with all its quirks are best choices.

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts