Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Shortest and Longest!

Shortest and Longest!

Here's something fun: post your shortest and longest song in your starred/main playlist.

Mine is:

Dog the Bounty Hunter Theme by Ozzy Osbourne - 0:53

Alive 1997 by Daft Punk - 45:31

EDIT: I kinda cheated since Alive is a concert not a song per se, the longest song is actually 'Horsell Common And The Heat Ray' by Jeff Wayne - 11:36

169 Replies

Shortest song: Intro - Muse (0:22)

Longest song: Pause it and turn it up - Biffy Clyro 25:36 (though 20 minutes of this is silence, so my actual longest song is octavarium - Dream Theater- 24:00)

Shortest: F You Scene Boy by Blood Duster, 0:20

Longest: Black Rose Immortal by Opeth, 20:16

Nice to see this got post of the week!

Anyway, my shortest/longest have changed.

My shortest is "Merry Men" from the Shrek soundtrack - 0:43

My longest pop song is "Autobahn" by Kraftwerk - 22:48

My longest classical piece is Tchaikovsky Piano Concerto No. 1, Op 23-1 - 23:03

@raph1 wrote:
Shortest: Fingertips (Who's That Standing Out The Window) by They Might Be Giants (0:06)
Longest: Amarok by Mike Oldfield (60:06)

♥ Your music taste! ♥ I'm a sucker for prog rock and old school alternative. Quite creative minds, both of your selections. 🙂

For me, it's Yes – The Gates of Delirium (21:51), and my shortest is Sting – Prelude To: End Of The Game at twenty seconds.

Without music, life would B♭

blue october  rules!!!

Shortest: At the Forest, Robert Babicz 0:27

Longest: Memorial Smith (Daniels Buki Good remix) 11.50

Shortest (although I feel this is cheating): Gil Scott-Heron – Certain Things (Interlude)

Longest (this isn't, and it's brilliant): Godspeed You! Black Emperor – Mladic

-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

Shortest:

Dead Giveaway (feat. Charles Ramsay) by The Gregory Brothers-1:51

Longest:
                  Best of 2012 Album mix by Monstercat-105:54

Wdpk 837 Fm by Daft Punk - :28

The Veldt (feat. Chris James) [Original Mix] by Deadmau5, Chris James - 11:34

Shortest cIassicaI song: Grigory Sokolov – Prélude N° 7 in A major, opus 28 - Andantino - (0:42)

Longest cIassicaI song: Arthur Jussen – Schubert: Fantasy in F minor, D. 940 (Op.103) for piano duet - Allegro molto moderat... - (19:09)

Shortest song: The Kooks – Seaside  - (1:39) I actuaIIy never noticed this was such a short song IoI

Longest song: Cannonball Adderley – Autumn Leaves - (10:59)

My shortest song is "Foreword" by Linkin Park. It is thirteen seconds long

My longest song is "Adrift on the Celestial Seas" by Cell Dweller, which is twenty minutes. however, on my favorites playlist i have the Deadmau5 4x4=12 continual mix. which is almost 70 minutes long

In The Presence Of Enimies - Dream Theather 26:00 < Longest

Embryo - Black Sabbath 0:28 

My longest song is "The DJ4 - In The Mix (Part 2) by Various Artists, Atb. The length is 77:55.

Lets see hum

Shortest would be probably Agnostic Front from the release United Blood the song Fight Time 0.15 yes that is seconds. 🙂

Longest would probable be from the band Yes from the Tales From Topographic Oceans the song Dance Of The Dawn 23:21 although there are longer versions but those are medleys from live shows and special live tracks from compilations.

That was just a quick look. I could probable find some other punk/hardcore songs in the single digit second time marks in some of my playlists like Dead Kennedys, or Bad Religion. I could even find longer songs from my Rush, Styx, or possible Dream Theater playlists, since progressive rock bands tend to write rather long songs. 🙂 this was just a quick look and grab.

Rob Zombie - Call of the Zombie 0:31

Metallica - Suicide and Redemption 9:58

The shortest song in my main playlist is:

Hot symphony #1 - pirates by toby turner & Tobuscus at 0:48

and the longest is:

4x4=12 (continuous mix) at 69:54 by Deadmau5

Boomin' - Mindless Self Indulgence 1:21

Dry County - Bon Jovi 9:52

Shortest song - Sun Tzu says by Sabaton - 0:24

Longest song - Poet and the Pendulum by Nightwish -13:55

Shortest: Camera Obscura - Intro (0:30)

Longest: Deadmau5 - Phantoms Can't Hang (9:16)

Suggested posts