Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

New Metal ๐Ÿค˜

New Metal ๐Ÿค˜

Anyone heard of Celestial Sanctuary? They're a death metal band from the UK and their debut album has been getting good reviews!

'Soul Diminished'

I really like the opening track, it sets the tone for the record nicely. I also like the quality of the mix, there's no muddiness that can often occur on the low end of a death metal record.

Anyone else got some decent metal that's been out recently?

2 Replies

Hey @Jack,

This is really nice find, I just put the album on without fully reading your description and when I came back to share my thoughts I found that they pretty much match yours ๐Ÿ˜„ 

I was going to say that the first track really pulls you in well and it's very interesting by itself - starts off quite fast and aggressive and at the end it keeps the vigor but slows down it really nicely.

Another thing that is very noticeable is how well the vocals sound. As you mention with growling and a lower vocal they can tend to be quiet and not so prominent over the instrumentals, but here that is not the case at all and I like it a lot.

I love growly, non-clean vocals but when they sound like mumbling it's less enjoyable, adding some tracks to my playlists ๐Ÿ˜„

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I was a videographer and tour manager for these guys (named Divisive) a few years back.

they have been paving their way in the Chugcore subgenre and I really love them and their live show.

i always ask anyone that loves metal to give them a few minutes of time to listen ๐Ÿ™ 

https://open.spotify.com/album/2ysMNN2YuhpN6lTldbhBCp?si=E68Dv5B-RXq-RfzhgO3Ujw&dl_branch=1

Suggested posts