Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Connect feature not working properly on the Desktop app.

Hey folks, 

We're receiving reports that people are not able to use the Connect feature from Desktop app to mobile devices, Discord and Last.fm 

We wanted to let you know that this is being investigated and we'll keep you posted on how it goes in this thread!

Hey there,

We've received word from our tech team. A hotfix should have been implemented in version 1.1.94.874. Could you update to this version via Microsoft Store or download the app from the Spotify site? Let us know if this fixes the issue for you.

Thanks!

Comments
mustypickle

The only main steps I’ve taken to fix this issue are the ones that I mentioned in the original post. And the issue with my phone is that when I try to use Spotify from my iPhone on my computer, it doesn’t show up as a possible device. But it does on the web version. I have a picture of what I mean attached.

21930637-5678-42E0-A86E-519A4C3476E5.png
amd64fox

Plan

Free

Country UA

Device

Desktop PC

Operating System

Windows 10

Spotify version
1.1.94.870.gf994cb0b

My Question or Issue

In this version, I do not see my devices to which I need to connect (phone, tablet, web client, other PC).

I also have problems with other services, I stopped seeing my activity in Discord and last FM, I tried reconnecting my account in these services, but it did not help.

Tried to completely uninstall Spotify on PC, rebooted it, did a clean install, but the above problems are repeated.

But if I put the version below 1.1.93, then everything works great, also everything works fine if I use phone or web client.

DJ_Asthma

i am experiencing the same issue after the latest update

Jonnitos

I'm experiencing the same issue as the OP.

Plan

Premium

Country 

Costa Rica

Device

Desktop PC

Operating System

Windows 10

Spotify version
1.1.94.870.gf994cb0b

Issue

I updated the Desktop app today as recommended by the app itself and my devices (Chromecast 2 gen, Amazon Echo 4 gen and Echo 2 gen) stopped showing on the connect a device option as valid devices. Interesting enough, if I use the web site or my cellphone I do see and can select my devices but the desktop app won't show them. All my devices are up to date and connected to the same wifi connection so the web player and cellphone can play Spotify from them.

Deskto App

Spotify Devices Desktop.JPG

Cellphone

Spotify Cellphone.jpg

Web Player

Spotify Web.jpg

Hope this helps to find a solution to this issue.

prattomp3

i'm experiencing the same issue too with the latest update. it's kind of getting annoying 

D0M1N4TING

Plan

Premium

Country

Bangladesh

Device

(Samsung A70)

Operating System

(Android 11 Windows 10)

My Question or Issue

I was able to sync between the mobile app and the desktop app at the same time.  Now, the android app doesn't detect the desktop app on the device selection but when I play on the browser it gets detected.
Also, playing from the desktop client doesn't show my broadcast status on Discord, playing from Android and the browser does. I'm using the same account. I think this is happening after the last update on the desktop client.

Desktop Version: 1.1.94.870
Mobile Version: 8.7.66.534

Manjam73

Same here! Can't remote control the Desktop Client via Android app since latest Update of both clients. Android app won't connect to Desktop client. 

Manjam73

Same here! Please fix. 

liquorsoda

having the same issue, a fix would be great

D0M1N4TING

Thanks, man! I thought I'm the only one facing this issue. So, it's them, not us. Let's wait for the next patch 😀