Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Developers] Intermittent error with email verification process

We're getting reports of intermittent issues with the email verification process on Spotify for Developers' website. Spotify is already investigating it internally and working on a fix. Please, give us more information about the steps you're taking and leave your +VOTE if you're experiencing this issue.

Hey folks,

Thanks for your patience while Spotify teams looked into this issue.
We're happy to say that this should now be fixed for everyone!

If you're still having trouble, make sure to post a new thread in the relevant help board here.

Thanks! 

Comments
mevans91

Actually, it seems to be resolved.

I just clicked the verify button in an old email and it worked. Seems like a security issue to have email verifications that don't expire, but whatever!

emptybottle

Had the same issue for a months.  

How I resolved: 

- Instead of clicking "Verify", click "Update Email Address" 

- This will take you, hopefully, to your spotify web account Edit Profile page. 

- Delete the email address listed (which should be the one you are trying to verify on the developer dash) and tab to another field. 

- Re-type the address you want to verify in the email page. 

- Click "Save Profile" 

- Try to "Verify" from the Developer dash again.  

This worked for me after several weeks of it pissing me off!

levatax

I'm already spotify user for years, I wanted to create app using spotify api,

but in the developer dashboard, I see 'you need to verify your e-mail to create apps'

and when I click on verify on the main that spotify sent, it says something went wrong

sbarbett

I am having the same problem

placeholder42

Worth noting that I am also having this same issue. 

RafaelRAzevedo

I still have this issue, and the response is Gateway Timeout after 600ms... (from the server)

OurPodfather

Hey all, can you let me know if this is now fixed for you?

joshvic12

I have the same issue. I verify but it still asking me to verify it. Support, can you please fix it from your side? thanks.

_dr_fraud

I am also a user for years but never got a email verification mail from spotify. Now I am trying to create an app then it asking for email verification. I have reached out to Spotify care on X but haven't got any valuable solution there too.

teddykladdkak

To resolve the issue, I first switched my email address to a different one and successfully verified it. Once that step was completed, I switched back to the desired email address and was finally able to verify it as well.